.63 or .85?

wmerrell

I need help! This build is killing me. I am going through everything done to the engine and trying to fiqure out where else did things go wrong.

My engine is a Weber built long block stroker, 212/206 roller cam, Champion iron ported heads, 60 lbs injectors, extender chip.

The turbo is a Precision 6266 JB CEA with a .85 exhaust housing. What size exhaust housing should this turbo be running?

housing is fine IMOP. what converter you running? what seems to be the issue?

Car is not on road yet. It is in the middle of a head gasket job. Just trying to make sure the exhaust housing is the correct choice.

You wont be able to say for sure until you drive it and see if like the spool up or not, I just ordered a new turbo and wont really know until I drive it so am in the same boat as you> I was gonna get both housings but at the cost I decided to wait.

I have a similar build with Precision Turbo 6765 w/.85 exhaust housing and a PTC 17 NL converter. My setup hits 0# of boost at 2800 RPM, and I have no problem spooling the turbo. With a proper tune I don't see where you should have any issues either.

I ran a 6265 with a .63 precision housing and the compressor ran out before the ex side was choke flowed. This happened at 697whp. About 770hp worth of fuel was being consumed. I would run the .63 housing. Running a 9.5" PTC it spooled very fast. The 10" converter wont be able to couple the potential of the turbo and spool it at the same time if trying to run it hard

put the combo together and measure backpressure.inmo it takes a really strong combo to need an .85 ex housing.

.85 is too big for that combo. I have used the .85 precision and the .63 the .63 is what I'd use.