6057 turbo

any word how louie lopez liked this turbo with a stock converter?

Im trying to finish the install as we speak. Found lots of little things with the car that I needed to fix while the car was down. Plus i decided to build my own external wastegate down pipe out of an old ATR non gated DP. I never do things the easy way. :eek: :D

Just finished a 60+ hour week so i dont know how much work ill do. I hope to have something this weekend or next week.

I ve been trying to get my car up and running too and also working alot of ot on my job- very interested in seeing how this turbo performs, my friend is looking to upgrade the turbo,injectors and chip and maybe leave the stock converter in- let us know how you do and dont work too hard.

Turbo, DP and injectors are on. Car idles great with the TT chip. I went off on a tangeant an installed a PYPES exhaust on the car too. Finished that last night. I should have some news later on today. Ill be limited by the weather here tho.

What did that pypes exhaust cost? Its stainless correct?

Any more information on this turbo? Ive never heard of it.

BW:)

What did that pypes exhaust cost? Its stainless correct?

Any more information on this turbo? Ive never heard of it.

BW:)
This is the latest in the billet wheel PTE turbos. 60mm billet compressor with a 57 trim exhaust wheel. Rated at 630 hp.

The stainless pypes exhaust was 365.00. This is the second one i have purchased. The 1st one was much cheaper under 300.00. Nice system , but after you buy nice stinless band clamps and such, you are over 400.00. BTw this sytem is very quiet on a stock motor car.

This is the latest in the billet wheel PTE turbos. 60mm billet compressor with a 57 trim exhaust wheel. Rated at 630 hp.

The stainless pypes exhaust was 365.00. This is the second one i have purchased. The 1st one was much cheaper under 300.00. Nice system , but after you buy nice stinless band clamps and such, you are over 400.00. BTw this sytem is very quiet on a stock motor car.

which system/mufflers did you buy? i've been looking at them.

Update:

12.01 @115 with a 1.83 60ft. 24 psi, street chip, alky and 275 DR.

I'm running a 6057 with a 2600 stall converter and love it. This thing spools like a mad dog :biggrin:

Nice numbers is this turbo the new version of the te-60?

I would say yes and no. Its a all new 60mm wheel which from what I understand is no longer sold. It is reported that the 58-57 is just as powerfull. If you see the PTE turbo chart sicky, it appears that this may be the same as a 59-57? Nevertheless its an awesome little turbo.

It spools great with a stock converter , but it would be a terror with a PTC non lock up.