600-cubic-inch Small-block i like!!!

so it's a totally new design that only uses a water pump from a regular small block, with everything else being custom...
so how, exactly, is this a "small block Chevy"?

After stretching the bore centers out to, and beyond big block standards, and well as the deck height, I would have to agree that it is hardly a small block but noting more than a weak representation.
AG.

Not even close...there are maybe two things that simulates any similarities to a sbc....quick peak shows intake isn't even close to the same design, exhaust port design isn't even close, and what valve covers would fit that big opening...dig deeper and bore spacing etc....

If a real small block motor plate won't fit it, then it isn't a small block......it's not a small block.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Not that SBC stuff is dead, but it seems like this is 10 years too late. A lot of the big money stuff has gone LS or has been BBC for years. Anything that requires a SBC cant use it since its really isnt a SBC. So maybe some land speed racing and drag stuff but I cant imagine the market is large enough to pay for all the tooling.

it would be cool and an awesome sight if the general public could buy it.

but to a few select builders? do they think were stupid or something?