60' times on street tires

buzzman

well I finally took my car to the track tonite and was a bit disappointed. car is basically stock and made two passes both in the 14.3 range at 95. 60' times 2.25 on street tires. not a particularly good air day.....mid 80's. question is, what have you guys done on street tires for the first 60'? Am I delusional to think that I can get into the mid 13's on street tires? Would a .2 second improvement to 60' translate into a greater than .2 sec final et? thanks

I typically get 2.0-2.2 on street radials. My best is 1.95. I'm running Firestone Firehawks. 60' times definitely have a signicant impact on ET. It's more in the range of 1.5 factor, e.g. 0.2 better sixty foot will give you appx 0.3-0.4 better ET. Your numbers are in the ballpark for a pure stock GN. Good state of tune and decent launch will net low 14's, high 13's.

I pulled a 1.80 60' with the stock Goodyears. They were at about 16psi. It only did that 1 time though. This was with stock turbo, with ATR chip, fuel pressure reg and Dp.

I delusional to think that I can get into the mid 13's on street tires?

Nope, just need to have either race gas or more mods. The right kind of street tire is also needed. I run mid 12's with street tires. They are Nitto Extreme Drags but still a full radial tire. All my runs (So far anyway) are pump gas and stock turbo so it is possible. I have gotten several 1.7X 60' with this combo on a well prepped track. Heck, even got a 1.87 on a poorly prepped track which netted a 12.88.

first time out on BF Goodrich Radial TA's 235
2.0...thats lauching with no boost...90 degrees, 100% humidity

don't be dissapointed in the car..those time aren't bad
you'll be in the 13's with a good sixty, just learn the car;)

Mine was on BFG g-force KWDS all season tires...
first time I ever took out to track, we'll see what it runs friday with my new tires :p

If you have the stock exhaust it kills the 60' and top end. I would unhook the exhaust behind the cat and bolt the top holes of the catback to the bottom holes of the cat. My 60' would go from 2.1 to 1.9s and my mph would go from 97 to 103. Took about 5 minutes and a pair of gloves to do it at the track.

All in all thats a decent time for a fairly stock car. It means its running pretty good and you don't have any major problems.

What did you expect a basically stock GN would run on street tires on a hot day? The road tests on these cars ranged from 13.9 on a stone cold winter day in Michigan to 14.7. So, your car's performance is certainly well within my expectations.

Now, if you want to go faster, that's a whole other story...

:D

13.4 was my best on street tires. I know I can do better too. I tried shifting manual on that run and was a little late to second :/ ...

12's are possible on street tires.look at my sig.I would love to get to the track this year,weather hasn't been very nice around here.