60 ft times and dr's

buzzman

Just thinking here, what would be respectable 60' times for a basic stock setup using nittos? Trying to get my basic stock setup into the high 12's. Putting a dut neck on and finally breaking down for an adjustable waste gate, plan to raise boost to about 19 and use 100 unleaded, just wonder if I'll get there. Check my sig..............13.49 with a 2.02 on street tires and 15 lbs. of boost. I notice that for every 1/10 th differential in the 60', has a .15 effect on ET. thanks

On drag radials your looking at a 1.80-1.90. I would say throw on some ET streets. Heat em up. Put sum junk in tha trunk. And Launch on 7 pounds. Mabey this way you could hit a 1.6-1.7 if your lucky.

You should be able to 60' 1.7's EASY on Nitto's.

I went 1.6's on a 275/50 BFG with mostly stock parts

I did 1.78 60ft on 275/60/15 nittos no front swaybar i should have gone with 275/50/15 those 275/60/15 were too much for my car on the top end the car would bog,no frotn sway bar 13 psi in both tires u have to get them very hot.

1.69 on BFG DR 275/16. 4 lb launch (brakes can't hold it). 22 lbs on the tire pressure. Completely stock suspension front and back. No air bags. Nothing added, nothing removed.

1.83 on PeP Boy Futura's 245/16. 1 lb launch. Track was well prepped. 32 psi on tires. Same suspension listed above.

1.51 60' with MT Drag Radials. 13psi in tires, 9psi launch off a T-brake.

I use 275-60/15, 8" centerlines with 4" BS.

I have a pretty stock set-up and got a few 1.7s with 235/60/15 bfg-drag radials. No suspesion work just airbags @ 22-32 psi. And a 352k mile car. Check my Sig. and good luck.

The Nittos aren't the best drag tire. They are a good street tire with good wear and good wet traction. But the BFG's will be better at the track, and most definitely some kind of street slick like ET Streets, Hoosiers, etc will be better. The Mickey Thompson drag radials have good reviews too.

While some people have good luck with the Nittos, best I did was 1.83. Easy to spin them so you have to be careful. I'd say anything from 1.7-1.9 would be good on the Nittos, depending on how your stock setup is. Some stock setups do well, others don't. If you want to guarantee a good 60ft time, go with cheater slicks or real slicks, IMO. Passenger side air bag will help.

MT Drag radials are better than any DOT slick. Even the MT ET Street. They are even softer than a real slick!

Turbo2nr, what centerlines are you using? Are they a lightweight wheel? I am looking for something to mount a set of drag radials to switch over when I go to the track, stock suspension.
How does that tire compare to the stock tire dia?
Thanks

paul

Centerline style "13", the telestars. Easy to clean, light weight, cheap, looks good with the stock GN center cap. MT drag radials are about 26" for the 275/50/15, and about 28" for the 275/60/15.

Can the MT drag radials be driven on the street on a somewhat regular basis? Where is a good cheap place to buy Centerline wheels and maybe MT radials? Mounter and balanced would be even better. Thanks guys.

paul

With my old combination...stock motor-valve covers never off-just bolt-on's, I had consistent 1.6's and even a 1.57 with 26" BFG drag radials. I had a pinion snubber and 1 air bag.

I've used them on both my cars for years and yes, they do work great on the street also. I've never had a flat or even have to add air. I just had my car out yesterday in 35° weather and they worked great! I like them over a slick for many reasons including having great traction all the time-not just at the strip.

I'm going to give the 28" MT drag radials a try with my new combo this spring.

guys I am now convinced the bfg is the way to go. now, what size? i want to maintain stock tire height, and do not want to deal with rubbing anything. in other words i am willing to sacrifice the above for traction, my car is not really a drag car, i just take it out a couple of times a year and have some fun. not worried about wet weather performance either.....car has only seen rain 3 times (really) thanks for all of the responses.....buzz

Originally posted by PaulRV6
Can the MT drag radials be driven on the street on a somewhat regular basis?

paul

Yes. They wont last real long tread wise but they ride very nice and havent scared me in the rain yet.

I really do not see them wearing very fast for normal driving. They are relativly new tires for everyone. Ask me in one year about wear.

I also have the 275/50 MT drag radials. 18 psi of air and I have (2) air bags. No front sway bar. I've been 1.60 60 ft with this combination. This was with stock everything except alky.

My other car has only been a best of 1.52 on slicks.

So MHO, is the MT's far out class everything else.

With the MT drag radials (275x50), what wheels are you running them on, the stock GN or aftermarket? What size? I do not want any rubbing either with stock setup.
Where is the best price for the DR?

paul