6 speed Rossler TH400 2000 HP capable w/pics

subscribed, Very interested to see how this works for you. Will this be run with a V6 or V8?

Like the one you windowed the block in ;):biggrin::biggrin:

sorry I couldn't help myself :p

hey at least I attend races to tear shi* up. what's your excuse?

Attachments

• swinger_.gif
    swinger_.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 863
Nice piece. Carl Rossler is a heckuva nice guy and builds a good tranny. The GV setup is nice as well as long as you aren't concerned about weight. How much does that thing weigh?

Nice piece. Carl Rossler is a heckuva nice guy and builds a good tranny. The GV setup is nice as well as long as you aren't concerned about weight. How much does that thing weigh?

yes he is. He took care of me on my trans upgrade this year. Another vendor would have charged me big time and claimed "we are better than that now", but Carl hooked me up and he has a customer for life where the other vendor has $0.00 for his outlook so who is the "MAN"??

Dealing with Carl Rossler is a pleasure! He is upfront with his pricing with no BIG $$ surprise at the end like other vendors.

Mike that is so long to you need a drive shaft or it does it direct connect to the pinion? =) Carl builds GREAT stuff, I hope you have a lot of fun with it.

Finally got it out for a spin today, cruising at 70 mph 2600 rpm with a 28 tire and 3.89 gear compared to 3300 rpm without overdrive. The driveshaft length with the overdrive unit is 36 inches center to center on the u joints.

Attachments

• ds car.jpg
    ds car.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 589
  • dsbox.JPG
    dsbox.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 550
Mike, that sounds very promising.
Please give us more updates when you have the chance.

Sweet!!! By the time you buy a 4l80 done up with a controller to get a burly trans with overdrive you prolly come out the same as building a 400 and adding this to it...

Sweet!!! By the time you buy a 4l80 done up with a controller to get a burly trans with overdrive you prolly come out the same as building a 400 and adding this to it...

Not really.

With a 4L80E and standalone controller you get a lockup converter (more flexibility with stall), the same overall weight, less overall length for better driveline angles, more efficient setup (GV gas a pump internally), you don't have to change the fluid in the 4L80E every 3000 miles, it doesn't have to shift like a clunky POS, and you can tune all shifting points, line pressure, etc without even rolling up the sleeves.

A GV is a tough option, but a 4L80E is leaps and bounds more refined.

I've ran both and I'll never buy another GV. I ran it for about 50 miles and took it out.

I would rather rebuild a 200-4R once a year than drive the GV.

Overdrive

Thing has always bugged me is that no matter how low r.p.m. goes converter is still slipping at 3000 rpm