5 sec. grand national

jlbuick said:
You know what it is..its one of those mind trick things- look straight through it and blur your vision..see it?...yes you do keep trying... now yes.. AHHH WTF a FORD emblem........lol

:eek: oops i'm busted :eek: thanks for the laugh :) that's funny! =} LOL

Funny,
the last machine work I got done was 860 bucks including alin bore/hone for billet mains. The person takes awhile and I do not mind. Small place. Great work. Never been wrong yet. I know he is a good machinist. The first words out of his mouth when I picked up my first engine he did " Check to make sure everything is correct before final assembly, I pefer you double check my work incase some is wrong we can fix it". I have taken his words to heart and double check everything on every engine he has done. Always right but he always says double check, so I do. List or work

hot tank block

mag block

bore hone with torque plate

Check and install cam bearings

Install main caps with new Clevit Bearings.

Recondition 6 rods with bearings.

Install 6 pistons on the rods

grind / polish crank on rod and main throws. pre assemble and check all clearances.

Check lifter bores for correct size and shape.

Roger that Sam

turbosam6 said:
I bet you $100 that your motor doesn't last 500 miles. Not just because he may have gotten rushed at the end, but because if he hasn't built any buick motors before (I'm guessing since he had none of the equipment needed this may be his first) this one isn't going to be right. Hell, even the ones I had built by "professionals" were wrong.

I also cannot understand how paying $2800 was cheaper? Who was more than that? Christ, thats the highest I've heard of considering he didn't provide many materials.

Better check the clearances all over, and endplay.

I agree Bro..... I dont even mess around with the deal guys any more, send it to a experienced Buick builder.

Hey Sam.. the GN is Rippen....Nothing even touches it here! Have not tracked it but have just pounded some proven low 11's cars like they were not even their.

Den

I read your post and found that i am living your experience. right now mine has been in the shop for the last year. it sits next to a typhoon. The engine sleeps with the fishes for all i know. I stayed local figuring I would have some place to take it if there were problems. I was tempted to take it to a gentleman in New Jersey. This builder came highly recommended and he may do great work I hope I find this to be the case. Well I feel your pain.

By the way your prices arn't too far out of line from what I'm paying.

Ken