5.25 @ 140

Dusty Bradford

Ran the V8 car today. Still creeping up on the tune but it did click off a 5.25 at 140 with a 1.36 60 foot. Came back with a harder launch and went 1.33 to the 60' but it started missing about 300 feet out. I'm going to change the plugs and wires and bring another ignition box to Reynolds to see if I can sort it out.

I'll be in Reynolds now since the TSM car is doing so well. I'll use the weekend to test my car. See you there.

Ran the V8 car today. Still creeping up on the tune but it did click off a 5.25 at 140 with a 1.36 60 foot. Came back with a harder launch and went 1.33 to the 60' but it started missing about 300 feet out. I'm going to change the plugs and wires and bring another ignition box to Reynolds to see if I can sort it out.

Congratulations, I must have missed that call.:biggrin:
I am glad you got that 60 back down!

Congrats on the new best Dusty! You just keep cracking away at it:cool:

BTW, I'm sure you feel pretty good that you didn't make the drive down to Orlando only to get rained on the whole weekend!:D :)

good job

sorry i did not get to come over dusty, went to brainerd dragstrip today went a 1.51 60ft at 7.18. like to see the buick run again, good job:D

Hey Dusty. Congrats on the latest low et. I'm getting ready to order some wheels & I wanted to ask you again if you're using 10" or 12" rims, what the backspacing is, & what type of brakes (Strange, Aerospace, etc.) you have on the rear. My frame is cut all the way to the inner rail & reinforced on the inside, but I wanted to check with the guru before I spend $$ on the wrong wheels. Thanks bud.

FWIW: Mine is setup the same as yours and I run an 11" rim w/6" b/s.

Oh yeah, Great Job Dusty!!

Hey Dusty. Congrats on the latest low et. I'm getting ready to order some wheels & I wanted to ask you again if you're using 10" or 12" rims, what the backspacing is, & what type of brakes (Strange, Aerospace, etc.) you have on the rear. My frame is cut all the way to the inner rail & reinforced on the inside, but I wanted to check with the guru before I spend $$ on the wrong wheels. Thanks bud.

Michael, nice to see you around.
What are you up to with the project???

Cal your advice is as good as gold, so thanks a million for your input. Are you using a 9" and if so, is it a stock length housing (52")? Brake-wise, what brand do you have on the rear? Thanks again for your help.

Hey there John. My current project consists of getting Weaver to come buy all my used junk so I can make room for vintage dirt bikes. Buying more firearms & ammo would be nice too :cool: As for the car in question, it's just an '87 Regal I've been trying to assemble since I bought those Stage II heads from you back in the late '90's! Now that I've rid of the blood-sucking vulcher that posed as my wife for 10 years, I want to build a street/strip SBF powered Regal. Yeah I know, Ford power :mad: I have no interest (or good hi-po parts for that matter) in doing a V6 & the Chevy powerplant thing is not my bag either. I do have a couple of 351W's, a glide, a ladder bar 9", & other odds & ends, so it's still a long way from doing the 660 shuffle. It'll be nitrous powered too, but it ain't gonna be nothing cutting edge. I'll be robbing stuff off local buddies motors when they try to go quicker. I've got to cut go some grass & stop typing for now. Take care out West & have a nice day.

I have a 15x11 Bogart with 6 3/8 bs. The frame is severely notched and I mini tubbed it. Rear is a Quick Performance 9" for the Regal with their disk brake set-up which is G-body front calipers mounted to the rear with their bracket kit.