4l80e

nu2gn

fasteddie
can someone give me advise on a 4l80e trans rebuild? i bought a atra rebuild book for it, but it does not list special tool numbers for installing teflon seals on. should i just put them in hot water so that they stretch enough for install? but the main thing i am having problems with is installing the lip seals on the clutch packs, they won't go in without getting distorted. does anyone have a trick for install or can provide a tool number for them? i am helping my friend with it, it is for a 92 burban 4wd. it is the first gm trans rebuild for me.

Well, in my book "Rebuilding" anything usually involves more than "Replacing" a few seals and clutches, but that might just be me interpreting what I read, normally when rebuilding "Anything" one generally takes a few notes along the way reguarding "Complaint, Cause, Correction", before assuming that anything has been accomplished, others may have their "Input" as to the installation of certain pieces and such and hopefully replacing damaged items gets it back up and running, yeah..right. Best of luck to you, you'll need it.

Kevin.