4l80 in place if 200r4

BOP4ever

Just thinking that maybe instead of dumping money into a 200 only to still have to fix the next weak link I might look for a 4l80 or 85 out of a late model and plan a swap one day when the stock trans gives up. Mine is sll stock and doing ok but every tells me it's on borrowed time with 60k miles.
What would this all intail to make this swap?

Thanks

It takes alot vs just paying a good trans guy to go through your 200-4r. Unless you're planning on stepping it up and making a ton of power in a street car.

Depending on how fast you're already going, 60k is low mileage. I dont' see it messing up on you if you put a shift kit in it and a good trans cooler and fluid.

Trans, converter, computer, adapter plate, cross member, and driveshaft.

Like Eticket said, you will need all the trans parts plus a chevrolet to bop adapter at very least. Depending on the length of the trans vs the 200r4 you might be able to modify your original crossmember and driveshaft and reuse them. The big problem in this swap is the fact that it requires an aftermarket computer or a standalone from i believe a diesel truck. If you can get the trans cheap enough and plan on making a lot of power, you can always just sell the 200r4 before you shatter it to offset the cost and install the 4l80 sooner.

Plan on spending $5k on the 4l80 with all that's required. Not to mention it's a hell of a lot heavier. Street cars go 9's with 2004r. How do you know it won't hold up?

Based on ur sig u have a long way to go before you should even dream about needing anything stronger.

If u aint maken 750+ hp then u dont need a 4l80. And U wont spend $5k on a 2004r either. Not even close.

i believe there is a manual valvebody for a 4l80 with a transbrake. so now a good chunk of $$$ is saved

I am just thinking ahead.... I just picked up a TE44 and a strech intercooler for the car to add to the listed mods... I'll add a extra trans cooler to my list this year. I thought Id play around with this parts combo for a while see how deep into the 11's it can go with Drag Radials... Also picked up a set of MT's in 275/50/15 last week.... Depending on how happy I am with it and knowing me I will want to go faster.... So one of the options I was looking at to maintain the cars value long term... was to pull the original drive train store it and go to a LSX V8 with a turbo backed by the 4l80 with a goal of a 9 second car that can be driving daily if I wanted... I realize I would have to attend to some chassy things along with dumping 800-1000 hp into the stock chassy..... Its just a pipe dream at this point.... I may be happy once I get to 11's then I might not and I liek to have a plan even if I choose later to not pursue it.

I could always convert the car back to bone stock if I choose to sale it and part out the hot rod stuff seperately. That was what I was thinking anyway...
Might be a stupid Idea.

Thanks

Do the 4L80e when you do the lsxv8 swap.

If you actually are interested, I have a trans and controller available for cheap. If you are frugal, you can probably do the entire swap for <2500 but with a stock 4l80e, but it can still hold some power.

email me privately.