455 in Regal

Red79Rat

79 GS
I need some tech help. I have a 1979 Regal, nothing special just a normal Regal with a normally asperated 231. I want to do a 455, wondering what motor mounts and pully brackets I need. And also where i can get headers cheap, only place I know that even has any is TA Performance.

I need some tech help. I have a 1979 Regal, nothing special just a normal Regal with a normally asperated 231. I want to do a 455, wondering what motor mounts and pully brackets I need. And also where i can get headers cheap, only place I know that even has any is TA Performance.

What year is the 455. If its a 69ish thru 72 its an easy swap, all you gotta do is drill new holes for the motor mounts (if you use an existing hole thats not perfectly aligned, the motor maybe torqued at an angle and chew up u-joints). the engine brackets will work on any similar generation just let me no what year the motor is and ill help you out. I did a similar swap with an olds 350 in a 86 g body and its now my daily driver. I hope this helps and any other questions just let me know and ill help you out as much...and by the way that cars gonna haul a$$

Oh and I would seriously consider a cage or some sort of braceing, my 350 is cracking in the typical gbody spot between the rear windshild and back seat window and thats a 350, that 455 will eat a gbody alive :D

this is turbobuick.com . you might get the answer here but for what you're after a better site to try would have been v8buick.com

I have a set of headers for a 455 that I used in a nova that I had. Good shape will let them go for 125.00. They are in good shape. Yes it was a Buick motor in a chevy. I known I known who would have thought.

There is a complete section of V8Buick.com dedicated to 455 swaps in the G-body, detailed installs, what works and what doesn't, and pretty easy to follow. In the good old days poston had the frame adapters, I MIGHT still have a set laying around, but TA might be your best choice. As far as headers I think TA has you by the short hair on that.

Thanks for the info, I dont actually have an engine yet, i wanted to know what i was getting into before i spent any money but it sounds like it wont be too much of a hassle so i think im gonna go for it. When i get one i will hit you up.

Okay, sounds good, it wasnt hard at all. If I focused all weekend you could get it done in a weekend if not two. Just make sure you take your time and do it right.