43ts plugs what gap?

bwash44

Just got a set of ac delco 43ts plugs now wondering what to gap them at im runnin 17psi boost also kinda hard to start tt chips says 22/20 timing does the chip set the timing bc i used my cam tool and set timing to 25

.032 seems to be the general consensus for boost ranges of 15-18. The chip controls timing.

Zack

22/20 is wot timing and thats not the timing you want for pump gas

what you set at 25 was the cam sensor and that was 25ATDC, timing commanded by chip is actually around 30* at idle
if your having a hard time starting you have other things going on

Just got a set of ac delco 43ts plugs now wondering what to gap them at im runnin 17psi boost also kinda hard to start tt chips says 22/20 timing does the chip set the timing bc i used my cam tool and set timing to 25
Higher the boost the tighter the gap, .028 is where I start.

i've always gapped mine at .032. thats with street tune and race tune. i have never had any problems, even running 26# boost

the cr is designed for fleet use and has a thicker ground strap and center copper conductor (well thats what it was supposed to be but ac plugs are so varied like other ac parts that they soure plugs from several makers and if they feel it is close to the intended use they let it use the cr43 /r43 designation, CR is not needed in a turbo as its just more metal hanging out and they are harder to run a tight gap without cutting the electrode back or risking having it crack off from the body ,

check your plugs often and let them tell you what your plug needs are

for 17psi id stay with the r44ts at .035

Well injectors are almost new still pulled the plugs there all buring clean no gas kn them it has a new walbro pump i try the pressure next i need to find a fitting to hook on the rail so i can mount my guage any idea where those are sold.

Attachments

• IMG-20111228-00163.jpg
    IMG-20111228-00163.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 209