42lb Bosch ford lightning injectors part #?

deezdad

Anybody know the part # & a good source where to get em? Went to a ford dealer today and the guy was dizzy with the question..

Ford SVO Green Top fuel 42 lb Injectors
Ford Part # M-9593-F302
Bosch Part # XL3V-A9A and 280150558

Got mine off E-Bay and sent them to Chuck, they all flowed within his limit...

go with the lucas 009's they are a better injector than the bosch
That's interesting, always heard people raving about the lime tops saying there a bigger version of the 36lb blue tops which were great injectors, linear etc. & the 009's ran rich with tip in stumble etc... This probly old school thinking as I'm sure Eric and Bob have em down through programming..

That's interesting, always heard people raving about the lime tops saying there a bigger version of the 36lb blue tops which were great injectors, linear etc. & the 009's ran rich with tip in stumble etc... This probly old school thinking as I'm sure Eric and Bob have em down through programming..

you got it .. old school chips like Reds or others had the tip in because they just changed a fuel constant , where as Eric actually spent some time and figured them out...
with a TT chip .. they are awesome injectors .. not a fan of the green bosch compared to the lucas 42's

Been running those limetops for over 15 years now, they work fine with a Full Throttle/Bob Bailey or TT Eric Marshall chip, I've used both.

Daily driver 11 second car on pump and alky.

The 009's were the ones that sucked for linearity, most programmers only had WOT figured out for them. :p

you got it .. old school chips like Reds or others had the tip in because they just changed a fuel constant , where as Eric actually spent some time and figured them out...
with a TT chip .. they are awesome injectors .. not a fan of the green bosch compared to the lucas 42's
What would be better for a street car running a 44 champ irons & alky 009's or 60's?

I did back to back comparisons with 009's and the Ford green tops with matching TT chips. It was the green tops hands down for better throttle response and overall drivability. Needles to say I am running the green tops in my GN. If your going to put Champ ported iron heads on your motor then go with 60's

Goal for the car is 500hp at the motor, my math comes out to 42's at 85% dc figuring single nozzle alky as a "7th injector" is good for it... probly thinking too much

500 HP at the motor is about 25/26 psi. on a stock Buick motor.

The Bosch injectors can do that with alky. :)

If you go with ported irons go with the 60's for sure.

I had to look at the date to see if this was a post from '05 when I saw mention on 009's and 'green tops'...

Why in the world would anybody consider anything other than a set of 60's?

The idle like stockers, work with an unmodified ECM, chip burners have figured them out. and they actually flow around 76....

I had to look at the date to see if this was a post from '05 when I saw mention on 009's and 'green tops'...

The idle like stockers, work with an unmodified ECM, chip burners have figured them out. and they actually flow around 76....
05-06 good times, bet fewer peeps had their cars up than now, price to pay for crazy power.. Idk just trying to figure out the benefit of leaving 30-40℅ of 60lb injectors along for the ride when 42's could do it.. forgive me its always winter time for me with Buicks :rolleyes:

Goal for the car is 500hp at the motor, my math comes out to 42's at 85% dc figuring single nozzle alky as a "7th injector" is good for it... probly thinking too much

Shit can the 7th injector ..

the 009 were good and they will get you 500 .. BUT .. the 60's or 80's will have better driveability ... TRUST me on this one .. the new injectors are much much better

not sure about the 76 Earl .. at least on my flow bench

not sure about the 76 Earl .. at least on my flow bench

it might have been 72 or 74. It's been years since I read the post on here with actual flow numbers ( I think i twas TurboDave that posted them)

I do have one sitting here that Chuck flowed that says " LOW FLOW 67#s" and had to toss it because it was so much lower than the other 5.