424 Tractor fluid makers and part #s

onefastjackass

Ok as more people are switching over to 424 style tractor fluid.

I thought it would be good to start a list of part #s so if not at a tractor supply place we could still find the correct fluid.

Like if you are at a wholesale place that sells more then just fluids you could pick it up.

So please post the brand and correct number and any other features that would make it easy to pick out.Color or disign on the outside of bucket etc.

There are many vendors for 424. We use Chevron, but have also found Citgo to be rather good as well. Our premix we use inhouse is a mix of dextron/mercon with 2 quarts of 424 on an empty trans/converter combo.

Straight 424 fluid??

For about 4000~ miles I've been running straight 424 tractor fluid in my 200R4 trans without a problem, does anyone else run the straight stuff? Suppose it could be harmful to the trans????

HOW

I think that the reason people mix the dexron into it is for color.
Makes it easier to see.

But if I am wrong somone please let me know.

I run Mobile 424 hi-performance hydraulic tractor fluid ,works great,add 2-3 qrts dexron for color, never had any problems. It's in a red 5 gallon can. dont have the part #.

I run it straight in the race cars.

Reason for the mix is tractor hyd fluid is the same color as motor oil. With the atf, it has a red tinge to it so if you have a leak you can decipher what fluid is leaking. Running it straight is actually very good. Will not hurt a thing and will maintain viscosity a tad better under heat.

Bruce
WE4

WWW.PTSXTREME.COM