40lb "green" D3165AA/621037 fuel curve ?'s

GNandGS

I'm still here!
Looking into some things on a car with issues... I have NOT put the scanner on it yet but will this weekend. My questions have to do with possibly some odd chip entries.

*Note: No indications of a chip related problem before. Instead I wonder if there might be some improvements to be made. I do not assume the chip settings are either right OR wrong.

Dealing with an I/C'd car, appears to be a stock turbo...

* On the bottom side in pen, it is indicated for 93 octane and 38#

* Inj Constant = 38

* TPS fueling has a few % pulled in most places (say 5%)

Anyone familiar with the flow characteristics on these injectors? I see just under 20%@4000RPM and approx 35% fueling added at 4800RPM. Please keep in mind that I am not giving out somone elses specific chip info out in this forum or whos chip its supposed to be. If you know these injectors this wont be a problem.

Any questions? Anyone able to assist?

Shawn

It would be helpful if you said what the "issues" were.

heh :D I was hesitant to draw a connection to some of the issues because many of them if not all are NOT chip related. I was curious about what was done to it combo/repair wise starting with verifying what injectors were installed in the car. Once I was curious I just couldnt stop lol

Possible chip stuff? Probably just the fueling. The plugs have become fouled on more than one occassion. I was not there to witness what each plug looked like each time or if it was the same cyl each time...

I reaaaally dont suspect the chip because it didnt do this before, or not bad enough for the owner to notice. :D Engine and inj are fairly fresh. If needed I can layout more of what has been done to the car but I dont think that will be neccessary.

I guess Im just wondering if the constant is typical and if using that constant if the PE fueling looks reasonable. I more than appreciate the response! But I realize I dont have enough info yet to "solve" all the issues with the car. Again, many of which are definitely unrelated.

Sorry for the confusion!

Shawn

I dont think using that constant would cause that problem. How about a pinched injector wire?

I had a nice reply but a browser lockup killed it...

Wires are ok, and not melted to EGR. Got some other private email that in conjuction with this thread tells me the chip is at minimum "good enough". I'll not worry about it untill the car is running right.

Thanks again guys. Thats just one more variable out of the way...

Shawn

In regards to the injectors, I have a set and have had them flow tested twice. Both times they flowed 36#/hr not 38 or 40. JayC made a chip for these injectors and my stock turbo, not sure of the settings.

Good Luck

Donald McMullin

Just an update...

All seems ok now. There were a host of things that I will list below, but as for fueling things seem just fine with the chip that was in the car BUT the timing was a bit aggressive in the lower LV8's so I cut another - more on that later.

Some of the issues:
Braided ground lead loose
ALDL needed soldered
DID find a pinched inj harness afterall BUT no visible damage
Vac lines
IAC/TPS were all set wrong

About the chip:
An additional symptom was a code 51 that appeared just ONCE after my earlier posting and didnt come back after a reset. Car hiccuped when this happened... theory? My theory is that in addition to the above items, the car was dropping into limp mode - not good with those inj!

Since I didnt have another ECM, the connections look good, and I DID have some chip crap I decided to cut another. With the "iffyness" of the chip and the timing I decided to cut another marrying the fueling of the chip in the car and some params emailed to me privately. Timing I left stock except for WOT and near WOT. This way I didnt have to risk using a corrupt file.

Whew! If anyone was subscribed to this I just wanted you to know the car hasnt acted up since with over 3hrs of driving spread over several days.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Shawn