400 hp 400 ft lbs Rear wheel drive Buick Concept

I like it alot. When I heard Buick was getting some of the Kappa platform last year I was hoping they would bring back the LC2. I guess a twin turbo version will do:) I hope to see the car on the streets someday. Maybe if they came out with a coupe option with similar traits of our cars.

-Justin

I think it's pretty ugly.....then again, since the G-bodies everything has been ugly to me except for the 96' Impala SS and the Mercury Merauders nowadays. This is not exactly the returning to Buick whooping everybody else that we've all been praying for, but it's a step in the right direction.

I like it!

That's what I'm talking about. Finally something completely fresh that pays homage to Buick's past. :cool: The toothy grille and portholes give it just the right amount of brightwork.

The analog clock in the center of the dash is a nice touch. The body contours on the decklid say 'boat-tail'. And dig the 'N25' through-the-bumper exhaust.

The Velite and the concept Nomad are two vehicles I'd be willing to part with hard-earned money for.

Re: I like it!

Originally posted by MeanBuicks
The Velite and the concept Nomad are two vehicles I'd be willing to part with hard-earned money for.

Amen to that, nomad for the wife, Velite for me... heheh

Too bad most concepts go from beeing cool like this one (400hp) to being crappy run of the mill stuff.

Look at the concept new Mustang... then look how it turned out. :p

Why the hell do they have to cover everything up in the engine bay? That **** is really starting to piss me off, they need to get rid of it.

It'll probably end up with under 200 HP like most cool concepts. Looks good though.

here comes another Reatta

GM won't build that thing.....there is no one under the age of 80 in a Buick showroom these days

Agreed, you can't build stodgy cars for decades then suddenly make a cool car and expect to automatically win over young drivers. You have to overhaul to whole line of cars, ala Cadillac. They have really changed their image. It's cool the drive a Caddy again.:cool:

well. i would have to agree that it will probably go from a 400hp concept to much less, but it is sexy. very sexy actually. hopefully the drivetrain remains, cause if it does thats putting buick back in the game bigtime. that might be some nice competition for the luxury imports too.