400-500hp range

How many of you HA guys are in the 400-500hp range and its still a true HA car? With what type of set ups do you have?

Been there done that... got more now...

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Sounds like you want 300 horses daily... and a bottle. Why haven't you looked into nitrous and a Progressive controller so you do not blow it up?

I wouldn't look at the horsepower number... you want TORQUE.

Yea 300 350 just looking to have a decent street car and yes thats what im really looking to make bigger torque numbers torque is what gets you there hp keeps i could get a bottle but dont reallywanna have to spray all the time to get from up under a victum lol

400-500hp is doable. Many have hit that mark (and more LEEO/TURBO6X2/BOOST231... HOTAIRGNX548, ERICSINGER, TURBONUT85, MIADE2D), but they ALL took different routes. The best way you can get to this range is to start a 100hp at a time. LEEO started this REVOLUTION many years ago. LEEO had to fab a lot of the parts. He ran 10's with modded stock headers and a modded downpipe w/wastegate. You will have to fab many parts as many of the above have. Many of the above also tune their cars... It is doable, you just have to have determined

400-500hp is doable. Many have hit that mark (and more LEEO/TURBO6X2/BOOST231... HOTAIRGNX548, ERICSINGER, TURBONUT85, MIADE2D), but they ALL took different routes. The best way you can get to this range is to start a 100hp at a time. LEEO started this REVOLUTION many years ago. LEEO had to fab a lot of the parts. He ran 10's with modded stock headers and a modded downpipe w/wastegate. You will have to fab many parts as many of the above have. Many of the above also tune their cars... It is doable, you just have to have determined
Ok fair enough ill figure some things out come up with a combonation and go from there im low12s high 11s is what im shooting for as it being a street car i can just bring out on the weekends thanks for your input you guys

With mostly stock parts, 300hp is doable. Ken Duttweiler did it. You will need a Turbo Tweak chip, hot wire kit for fuel pump, 340l fuel pump, adjustable regulator and a fabbed bigger downpipe.

Attachments

• ScannedImage.jpg
    ScannedImage.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 210
  • ScannedImage-2.jpg
    ScannedImage-2.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 215
  • ScannedImage-3.jpg
    ScannedImage-3.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 209
  • ScannedImage-4.jpg
    ScannedImage-4.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 207
Get a binder and print. This articles will help you. Jukka Lamminem and Marka Gallina both used Duttweiler to run low 12' and hi 11's in a HOT AIR. They didn't have the benefit of using a Turbo Tweak chip or a 86-87 ECM, so you WILL be ahead of the game with a conversion. Your biggest hurdle will be fabbing downpipe. Porting your heads will give you the GREATEST HP gain. Ported heads require lower less boost to make HP.

Use the search button and print. In order for you to run a HOTAIR, it will run its fastest on the EDGE. You will have to learn to tune. Take notes and log what worked and what didn't.

Attachments

• Jukka%20Regal1.jpg
    Jukka%20Regal1.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 211
  • Jukka%20Regal2.jpg
    Jukka%20Regal2.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 198
  • Jukka%20Regal3.jpg
    Jukka%20Regal3.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 208
My engine is close to being done, it will have

Bored 40
109 block
Alcohol
Ported irons from champion
Ported intake from champion
Wiseco pistons
Ported throttle
4 " cai
206 cam
Te44 sleeper
Duttweiler headers
3" rjc
2.5 ATR down pipe
Ported elbow
Tt chip
42.5 injectors
255 walbro hot wired
3000 stall
Extreme auto stage 1

I should hit 400-450

That sounds like a plan thanks..... let me know what that set up makes gotta find me a bigger turbo and get a bigger stall as of now i have 39lb injectors in it which is good for up to 600hp just not trying to max them out and plan on running e85 so i have to go bigger

my car is hot air running e 85 the information posted above is first chance to get the numbers on dyno and track.
lot of hard work and money and 4 years.

Congratulations Bob. This is what I have been talking about. Bob took 4 years of research, time and hard work to build his car. Seat time and dyno tell the story. Not sure where his boost was on these runs, but 350-375hp should get him in the high 11's if that is where he is going with car. Not sure if there is a correction factor at Vegas like in California/Colorado. Again GREAT JOB and keep on representing the HOT AIR crowd...

BTW, I bet it was NICE to come back to the pits and everyone looked under you hood looking for a intercooled motor ;).

My mods are in my signature.. boost level was 14 to16 psi . boost getting a little out of control at the top of 3rd gear, working on that. my alky kit is not tuned on yet. i ran out of injector above 5200 rpm and when the boost got above 18 psi. mods in the next week or so new ea stage 2 trans , 2800 stall converter, 80# injectors and a 430lph fuel pump. Dyno runs were on a loaded dyno that mimiced the cars weight during acceleration.

yes this was a good weekend . there is a grojup of guys with buicks here in vegas i have meet and most seemed impresssed with my hot air car which most have never seen in person or seen modded for performance. some of the conversations turned to " i could be faster if you convert it" prior to the weekend now th conversations are " work on this work on that and you will be in the 11's or faster" great bunch of guys and learning a lot