4 Valve-Per-Cylinder Heads GN

Unregistered

32 valve heads have been created for chevy and ford big blocks and small blocks by araoengineering. You can visit their website at www.araoengineering.com to check them out. They can make a small block chevy 350 have 668hp and 553 tq with 10.5:1 compression. That's without alchohol, supercharger, nitrous, or turbo. They actually have a more race version of heads that can make 700+hp with the same 350. Anyway, the reason I have posted this is to see what kind of response the turbo buick community would have to a set of 4 valve per cylinder heads for the 3.8 or staged blocks. These heads could make a 231 have over 400 hp without the turbo. Also they have designed them in a way that you can run a stock cam, vavles and lifters I believe. The question I want to ask is this:

If a set of 4 valve per cylinder heads were availible for the 3.8 or staged blocks at a cost of $3000 a pair, would you buy a pair?

I understand that the turbo buick community takes a lot of pride in staying as close to stock as possible so this may not be a good idea. But it would allow turbo buicks to dominate even more.

Thanks for your time, please respond with comments or suggestions.

Curtis

Reading the website I take it the heads would require a roller cam setup?

All right, I'm ready to hear about some four valved heads. I bet the RPM range can be extended also. Why stop there. How about Variable Lift valves, Variable timing also, like cheap Subaru heads, or most other motors these days. Oil pressure is used to advance/retard the timing gear on the cam, simple design. The past ten years have produced some pretty cool tricks for the motor world. I know adapting these new features will be too much $$ to justify the time involved. Maybe one day GM will make something for current motors that may be tweeked a little for us to use.