4"single shot adapter plate

tta1401

Is there an adapter plate to go to the 3"dump to 4" single shot or is there a dump/testpipe that works? I rather go with an adapter so I don't have to weld in another O2 bung.

Last edited:
RJC sell a flange and I built a test pipe. I used the 4 inch flange, and 4 inch pipe, and then a 3.5" to 4" reducer cone to hook it to my downpipe.
I'm really surprised that RJC or GN1 has not made a test pipe to link the two together.

I'm surprised too. I got a hold of some of some 3/8" aluminium plate and I'm going to make one. It'll be cheaper to do that and I won't have to weld in another bung for my wideband since I'll still be using my current dump pipe.

I would use sheetmetal, not alum. Alum and exhaust do not go well together. The fumes that come off of alum under extreme heat are toxic. When we machine alum in my machine at the shop...we have special filters we use in order to do it. Just letting you know.
Trace out the flange on your test pipe, and then your 4 inch flange and post them up. I think a thin sheetmetal gasket will help you out.

I was just using what I had laying around. I figured it would be better to use because of rust. I had no idea about the fumes associated with high heat and aluminum.

Not all alum. Alum head castings do not seem to fall under the same material type. I would just use sheetmetal. If you have the ability to machine...I will send you a piece of material.

Willing to send me material is awesome! You don't have to do anything like that but man, I appreciate it! Above and beyond! I'm going to school lounge around my father in laws place for something more suitable. I've got babies now and I don't want to have toxic fumes in the car. Reason why I went for the single shot. I don't want to run a dump anymore and it was time to retire the old Hooker exhaust. I might even buy a small sheet of copper and make a gasket. Just seems easier to cut and grind. I'll post pics when I get to this weekend.

Last edited: