4 Minutes waiting for 911 to P/U Equals?

RKNTRBO

Kicker was the car was 1.5 miles from a fire station, and it took at least 10 minutes for the truck to reach me:eek:

Attachments

• Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 316
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 309
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 315
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 315
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 326
Wow, man. I'm terribly, terribly sorry about that. What a disaster. I HOPE you had insurance to cover!!! :mad:

Do you know cause?

Nope, me and the Firefighters tried to figure it out, but that was a no go. So no idea what caused it.

Mark

Dammmmm... That saw a lot of heat to burn that fast!! Good luck with your ins co.

My friend had a Camry that burst into flames while he was driving on the Interstate. He said it was leaking fuel from the rail, but who knows.

I had a white 85 Riviera that was giving me problems, so I sold it. A week later it was in flames, they say the oil cap wasn't on. I don't know that Riv was in bad shape, junk 307s. That car leaked like a civ.

I loved that car.

Damn! sorry to see that! :eek:

I hope your insurance takes care of you. If you figure out what caused it, post up - you might save somoene else's car. What are your plans now?

Talk to Genric he has had this happen on a car before.... I believe it turned out to be the colum ignition switch.

A.j.

Yikes! Hope your insurance covers it. Glad I got an extinguisher in my car.

Well that sucks. Good luck with everything.

+1 but I will have to say this....

Ive been a volly and part time paid career fire fighter for 7 or 8 years now... car fires are one HELLUVA dangerous beast..... if I ever had a car light on fire espically in the engine compartment and it was going decently there is no way I would attempt to put it out. It is just way to dangerous. Also it is extremely rare for a insurance company to even try to fix a car that has had a fier unfourantly ;( A small fire extinguisher is fine but you better be damn careful if you use it....

Don't buy those dinky little ones they sell in colors, the ones ricers put on their a pillar to look cool. You'd be lucky to put out a cigarette with those.

I have two in my car, one under the drivers seat, and one in the hatch. I used to have one, after my sisters car fire, I bought another. I also mounted one to the side of the center console of her new car.
I also put quick disconnects on the battery. Flip a lever, and its dead. Figure anything fuel or oil related will go out with the extinguishers and anything electrical will go out with the quick disconnect.

Almost had a fire in the TR once. Had an injector O ring break, and the injector started spurting fuel all over the intake manifold. Soon as I smelled gas I pulled over and put it out.

Every car should have one. Period. If you dont have to use it, someday maybe someone else will. I've come up on a crash and had one in my hands until I figured out the guy was ok and we could get him out.

That REALLY sucks. I too hope the insurance CO does you right but I've had 1 fire under my hood when I started driving years ago. I was lucky and at the parts store. One of the employees saw it and grabbed the extinguisher to put it out. Did some wiring damage but not much else thank God.

man, that sucks ass. did you have good insurance coverage? im going to be buying a extinguisher soon. anyone have a good link for one to put in the car? summit?

either Summit or Jegs I think has decent ones. Even Walmart, Sears, NAPA, CSK, Advance Auto should have something. You want one with some capacity though, so don't buy the dinky little chromed 1lb'ers. Most important, make sure its rated to put out automotive related fires (B&C rated).

H3R Performance MX250R - H3R Performance MaxOut Fire Extinguishers – SummitRacing.com

I would actually recommend buying one locally to avoid the hazard shipping costs if you buy online. I bought all of mine locally through auto parts stores to avoid the extra shipping fees.

I actually remember another close call I had. My original fan busted and got stuck in the radiator. The motor kept trying to spin it, so it started smoking all the wiring and the relays for the fan. Yanked the terminal off the battery (before I got quick disconnects) but it already ate most of the wiring. I was lucky to notice it before it got any worse.