4 inch RJC exhaust install issue

jcawley3

I got the 4 inch installed thought it was all good looked like good clearance..... ptu the car on the lift yesterday to install wide band bung and saw the pipe was touching above the axle ..... only thing I figure happened was a hard take off and the rear "squat" was to much. anyone have this exhaust? are you having ony issues like this? I figure maybe I need new springs?

That's normal when the suspension is suspended in the air. On the ground you will be fine.

it hit the axle and that pushed it into... hell I cant remember what piece it hit I'll have to take a picture or something

I just read my first post.. sounds like it hitting axle..... its not, its touching about 4-5 inches before the hanger @ the axle

Did you install it from the rear and work forward?

not completely.... but I had in and out a few times... did a lot of sliding in and out before putting clamps on..... how much clearance is enough? or does this depend on specific car. I had 2 people in back seat and left pretty hard... Im sure that's when it happened.

jcawley3 said:
not completely.... but I had in and out a few times... did a lot of sliding in and out before putting clamps on..... how much clearance is enough? or does this depend on specific car. I had 2 people in back seat and left pretty hard... Im sure that's when it happened.

I always start from the back and work forward. It's easier to center/locate the tailpipe over the axle then attach the long pipe. You make up the difference or lack of as needed where the dp attaches to the cat delete pipe. You can't rely on your dp and cat delete pipe to locate the tailpipes. There isn't enough pipe available to adjust it. Some cars will need nothing. Mine needed about 6.5" inches more pipe between the cat delete and dp so that everything was as happy as it could be. The clearance issue i ran into was at the long pipe with larger than stock aftermarket driveshafts. With a 4" it needed some persuasion with the pry bar or it contacted with a lot of suspension travel. With a 3.5" it was ok.

I put new springs and shocks in front and rear..... made a couple of adjustments.... I think its fine now... thanks for the help