4 Hurst Olds stolen at the H/OCA nationals in INDY

88 CuttyClassic

The Enviromental Hitman
http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime...hotel_20090808

luckily i decided not to go this year.

2 83's 1 84 and 1 79...all t-top cars. earlier in the day a red 79 cutlass on 22"s rolled through the car show most likely scouting the cars that would be stolen later in the night. what a shame.. watch ur cars when you go to anything at the speedway as the area around it is not beverly hills.

Must have been around 38th street!:eek: Was out there for the Car Craft Street machine nats back in 79/80. Took a couple of side streets and ended up on 38th. Well, they weren't letting people thru without doing a burnout and these big thugs were actually pushing on peoples quarter panels when they were burning out. When we came up I told them not to touch the car and we would do a major smoker. Ended up just chirping the tires and took off around the corner to get out of there. Was a bad mob scene.

I feel bad for them having their cars stolen but they should have realized what makes their cars classics and rare is also what makes thieves take notice as well. You can't just pull into a hotel parking lot anywhere and not expect it to attract thieves,unfortunately just like our cars do also.

Car thieves should be treated like the horse thieves were back in the 1800's and early 1900's. Hang'em high from the nearest tree once caught!! :eek:

John :smile:

i'm sorry but these people are just lain stupid for not all pitching in and geeting security for the lot. your in ind for god sakes. what do you think is going to happen.

I feel for those who lost,,, buuut....
Man, just cuz a donk rolled thru doesn'tmake the usual suspects the case.
Musclecars are stolen all the time. It doesn't seem an issue of Mopar Collector's Guide will go by sometimes without stolen notices. I recall a local high end Chevy in particular that was up for Goodguys Street Machine oty getting stolen, tow rig and all, some years back from the hotel lot in Columbus. Guess I'm just sayin that you should be aware everywhere...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Absolutely ridiculous! Check out an old Hemmings Musclecar Issue from last year where a woman writes that her and her husband towed a Camaro of theirs in an enclosed trailer to Woodward Dream Cruise and they woke up in the morning to their entire car, trailer and tow vehicle stolen. I highly recommend lo-jack and more common i see those trailer wheel locks now which looks like the bicycle tire that car test magazines used years ago. Or just carry a gun like I do everywhere!;)

I feel for those who lost,,, buuut....
Man, just cuz a donk rolled thru doesn'tmake the usual suspects the case.
from everything i've heard about that area of indy its a fair to assume the suspects are donk drivers... plus the surviellance caught 4 black males as the perps.. i dont wanna turn this into a race thing but our cars are popular in that culture.

they found the 79 partially stripped.

i believe the hotel was to provide security for the event but i agree extra gaurds should have been hired. i know there were extra guards at the OCA nats and its was at a rural ski resort. The H/OCA event was supposed to be at the brickyard crossing inn like it always is.. the hotel was connected to teh track but there was snap decision to tearn down the hotel and the H/OCA had to scramble to find a new host hotel. i'm sure security was over looked because of the mad scramble to find a place. Back in 04 @ indy i stayed up all night with my car...i guess i wasnt too much off base.

You'd think by now everyone who owns a G body car would know they're high theft cars, easy to steal. That's why I installed a column guard and next an ignition kill. I'm still working on the machine guns in the grille and under the rear bumper for the tow truck.

Sucks to hear though these guys had their cars ripped off....yeah Indy can be rough, I used to live there.....the east side is the worst especially anything around 38th and 42nd. Where did they have the Olds convention at?

You'd think by now everyone who owns a G body car would know they're high theft cars, easy to steal. That's why I installed a column guard and next an ignition kill. I'm still working on the machine guns in the grille and under the rear bumper for the tow truck.

Sucks to hear though these guys had their cars ripped off....yeah Indy can be rough, I used to live there.....the east side is the worst especially anything around 38th and 42nd. Where did they have the Olds convention at?
the event was to be at the brickyard crossing inn but they tore it down before the event and i believe it was

Wingate Hotel
5797 Rockville Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46224

This incident is on many car websites..good coverage. Maybe some justice will come out of it.

Anyone ever use a GPS system for their car? Hear there are types that you keep in the car and it emails you if the car is moved. Not a deterrent but at least you have a shot at locating it before it is stripped.

I have a GPS transmitter in my car... and got it primarily for this reason. I have it wired into a power lead, but even if the battery is disconnected, I have 5-6 days of battery in the unit. I get email notification if the car sets off a motion alarm, and again if it leaves a 30 meter perimeter. I put it in a location that would more than likely not even be seen, even if the car was parted. Bottom line is I know where my car is! the system emails my work , and home email accounts , and text messages cell phone. A bit of piece of mind.

I recall a local high end Chevy in particular that was up for Goodguys Street Machine oty getting stolen, tow rig and all, some years back from the hotel lot in Columbus.

That was in 2005. They stole his truck and trailer with his '67 GTO clone in it. The guy had just finished it after working on it for awhile. I remember his interview on TV, he was near tears. I felt really bad for the guy.

That person or persons who stole these cars is obviously a big POS but Cmon, you really have to be a complete and utter moroon to leave ur car at a hotel near the ghetto of all places without multible kill switches. Retards!

Regals are the easiest cars on the planet to steal without anti-theft devices. We use to call the Buicks the poster car for stolen autos because we would chase Buicks once a week in the summer or winter. We must have recovered over a 1000 Buicks over a 2-3 yr. period in the mid 90's.

They didn't tow away 4 cars......:rolleyes: It sucks no doubt, but common sense is lacking here.

I have a GPS transmitter in my car... and got it primarily for this reason. I have it wired into a power lead, but even if the battery is disconnected, I have 5-6 days of battery in the unit. I get email notification if the car sets off a motion alarm, and again if it leaves a 30 meter perimeter. I put it in a location that would more than likely not even be seen, even if the car was parted. Bottom line is I know where my car is! the system emails my work , and home email accounts , and text messages cell phone. A bit of piece of mind.
Which one and how much was it installed? Is there a monthly charge?