4" Cat back exhaust - Worth it ?

eop002

Wondering what benefits I can expect to see in going to a Mufflex 4" cat back w/Borla XR-1 from my existing ATR 3" w/Pitbull muffler on my TTA.

Current 3" cat back exhaust is on a 274ci StageII , GN1R, PT70 HPQ turbo with a 3.5" downpipe all the way to the gutted cat.

I wanted to get general consensus if spending money in the 4" exhaust is worth it as compared to using for someother upgrade.

Thanks
Oscar

Sounds like the 3" cat back exhaust won't be limiting me on my combination right now.

Oscar, you can never have too low of back pressure on a turbo car.

Julio, I hear you.

Just trying to figure out if money is better spent on other areas of the car I planned to upgrade. I still have the stock rear end. Surpirsed it has lasted me this long. I am considering using the money for a Moser or Strange 12 bolt instead or if I can find a good used one.

I ultimately want to go 4" , but am leaning towards the rear end at least for now.

O

I have a 3" custom made SS catback on my TTA with a Ultra Flow muffler and I pick up 2 tenths by opening the dump. This is on a mid 11 second car too with a 3" THDP. I would think you would benefit from a 4". I would have gone bigger if I knew what I knew now. My$.02. :)