4.1L 4 Barrel V6 BLOW-THROUGH SETUP QUESTIONS!

Rick K.

Hello friends!
I have acquired a 4.1L Buick V6 (1983) equipped with a factory 4 barrel carb. I was thinking of being unique (cause that's what I like to do) and turbo the motor then put it in my '64 Nova Wagon. Now, I should be able to run a blow-through steup and keep the factory 4 barrel, right? I know I will have to mess with the jets to make things right...do I get biger jets or how do I do that? And off of the exhaust (to power the turbo) do I run both sides into the turbo or only one side? And if I want to run, say, 6-9 lbs of boost, is that safe with a basically stock motor? I want to put a bigger camshaft in it, so is there a "turbo-rated" cam or can I go with some sloppy idle Summit Racing deal? AND ONE MORE QUESTION...who of you out there have used eBay turbos? I see a lot of TO4E turbos (T3/T4) for around $230 shipped to my door. If those are cool to use, then where do I find the turbo flanges??
Thank-you so much for any help!!
-Rick

You could not use the stock q-jet better with a mechanical secondary holley you will have to change the floats for forced induction.Holley makes a carburetor just for blow through applications it even has the fuel curve/jets for blow thru applications,or you can go to the carb shop.Youl need bonnet a high flow electric pump with a boost reference fuel pressure regulator,as for the exhuast if you go twins one bank feed one turbo if you go single you will need a crossover.

You could also try and acquire a late 70's vintage 4 barrel turbo manifold, they use a "draw through" principle. Much less troublesome to my way of thinking.