4.1 block

MikeStarner

Broke Guy
Anybody had issues that were found after installing a 4.1L I went ahead and bought the Gbody radiator but does anyone see anything else that might be an issue, it's the engine in my sig. I just want to know if there is anything I need to prepare for, the trans is a stage 2 kit bought out of postons back in the day and only has 5300 miles on it.

I guess we'll see in a few weeks... My setup is kinda similar to yours. I don't anticipate any issues beyond what a similar 3.8 build would have.

4.1 compression

Do you know what the compression ratio is on you 291 stock block? I am building one and have noticed the stock replacement pistons are .103 below the deck of the block was yours this way also? What compressed thickness was your head gasket? Thanks Mike

I guess we'll see in a few weeks... My setup is kinda similar to yours. I don't anticipate any issues beyond what a similar 3.8 build would have.
Do you know what the compression is on your 4.1 production block? What head gasket thickness did you use? My 291 block with stock replacement pistons were .103 inthe piston bore below the deck was yours? hotairgnx548 or call2707804366 john bruce

Ok love this thing, POWER like crazy, running fine, love it. Word to the wise, no matter what it takes, if you need to take time off from work to put an engine in do it. Don't pay someone who has never seen one of these even if it's a simple engine swap

Uncle Dave I posted two times on this thread about 4.1 291 stock block piston to deck dimension, head gasket thicknesss , compression ratio. The one I'm putting together is .103 below the deck @ top of the stroke . What was yours? hotairgnx548

Uncle Dave I posted two times on this thread about 4.1 291 stock block piston to deck dimension, head gasket thicknesss , compression ratio. The one I'm putting together is .103 below the deck @ top of the stroke . What was yours? hotairgnx548

John he already said he bought the engine complete so he doesn't know. He's not ignoring you.

Pete

I didn't get the engine complete, it was a bare 291 block and I had the shop do a complete short block: +.020, steel caps, K1 rods, forged slugs, etc. It's still in plastic... I apologize, I've been here to read rarely but haven't had time to reply much. I've had no time to work on this beast.

Regarding head gaskets, I'm still up in the air about what I'm going to use. I have a new set of 9441pt's and I'm tempted to save what little cash I have... The shop figured that with the 46cc GN1 aluminum heads it will work out somewhere between 8.75:1 - 9:1, depending on gaskets. Sorry I can't help on the piston height, at least not yet.

4.1 block information

Uncle Dave thanks for the answer. I got my block bare also so I'm trying to find out if stock the pistons were below deck. Good luck with your project. hotairgnx548