4.1 "291" Block Installed In The Car

AKTURBOTA

Here are a few pictures of the 4.1 installed in the car. It was a bright sunny day, so my cameras flash did light the darker areas inside the engine bay. The car runs, and needs to be broken in properly. The only thing holding me back from driving it is the ring and pinion in the rear differential needs to be replaced…they are severely galled and create a considerable amount of vibration and noise. I am continuing to dig deeper into my wallet to get this car on the road again, but it is almost there.

DSCN1291.jpg

DSCN1295.jpg

DSCN1297.jpg

Looks very nice! What kinda times you shooting for?

When I was first considering this 4.1 combo, I was thinking I want to run very conservative boost levels and not have really lean on the motor hard to run 11.0's or 10.90's, so to play it safe that is what I am conservatively looking for. In the past I have been "balls to the wall" running the the stock combo has hard as I could to achieve the best times. I guess we will see how it runs, once it is broken in correctly and I figure out the "tune", and the lure of that best ever timeslip overcomes my conservative nature. ;)