3rd gear feels "loose" at light throttle

Grand_87_national

I lika... do da cha cha.
Hello, all. I have a built 200-4r and 2800 stall converter (according to previous owner, but all other mods have turned out to be 100% accurate, so I have no reason to doubt this, unfortunately, I don't know the brand). Driving around at light throttle (mainly noticeable climbing hills) the transmission, or converter seems "loose", in 3rd and 4th gear. Now, I had a yank 3800 rpm stall converter in my cammed ls1 camaro, and I have an understanding of how THAT converter on THAT car should feel. But, I do believe the turbo adds... maybe an inconsistency factor that my camaro didn't have. Perhaps because the level of boost will affect how the converter starts to engage? I don't know. But, at light throttle, in the upper 2 gears, the rpm's really seem to elevate quickly without much change in speed from the car. It is important that I point out, at wot the car pulls just fine through the 1st 3 gears (I've never been at wot in 4th). Those that have a stall converter... is this normal? I feel like if it were the converter, then 1st and 2nd would feel the same, but they seem "tighter". Am I being paranoid? Thanks in advance, folks!

I have a built 200-4r and 2800 stall converter (according to previous owner, but all other mods have turned out to be 100% accurate, so I have no reason to doubt this, unfortunately, I don't know the brand)
foot brake the car when it sees boost at that rpm that is the initial stall.the flash stall is where the rpm is for the boost you have hit it with.inmo the flash is where its at in terms of performance

foot brake the car when it sees boost at that rpm that is the initial stall.the flash stall is where the rpm is for the boost you have hit it with.inmo the flash is where its at in terms of performance

I have in 1st, and it seems normal. But in 3rd gear at no to low boost is where I'm experiencing the issue. Can this just be the converter spinning free with little to no load to drive the transmission side? Should I be concerned that it feels different in 3rd than 2nd, or is it because the converter has more "leverage" in the lower gears?

if you tell me the intial stall and the flash stall i will tell you if it normal;)
I'd have to do it again to be sure, but it'll usually hold just fine building 5-10 psi of boost at around 3000 rpm, I've never tried to hold it until the car overwhelms the brakes and starts moving.

TV cable set up good? You can try adding 1 or 2 clicks adjustment and see if it "feels" better. Have you checked trans pressures?

TV cable set up good? You can try adding 1 or 2 clicks adjustment and see if it "feels" better. Have you checked trans pressures?
Trans pressures, no. Shift points are great, it's only after it's engaged in 3rd that it seems to be "freewheeling" a bit. If I slowly roll onto the throttle, it'll start pulling forward harder.