3rd and 4th gear switchs

HOT & COLD GN

I never get 3rd or 4th gear switchs indicated on tlink. I have a non lockup conv. do they disable these switches for a NL conv? Will this effect performance using the trans+ with extender chip not getting these signals to the computer?

Thanks
Joe Cook

Originally posted by HOT & COLD GN
I never get 3rd or 4th gear switchs indicated on tlink. I have a non lockup conv. do they disable these switches for a NL conv? Will this effect performance using the trans+ with extender chip not getting these signals to the computer?

Thanks
Joe Cook

Is the harness inside there? They probobly didnt even reinstall it. No biggie as far as funtion other than if they didnt remove the switches and one fails it may produce a leak. This is possible on all. If you run NL I wouldnt even let it concern me.

The 3rd and 4th gear inputs effect the boost scaling programmed into the chip. Unless you are running the Boost Command controller, the ECM will not be able to pull back boost in the upper gears under higher load. Caution !
You also won't be able to engage the "Lean Highway Cruise" feature.

Paul

Thanks Paul,

I have an external waste gate manualy controlled but I would like the lean cruise feature to work. Does it require both switches?

Thanks
Joe

Joe,
From what I understand... When Lean Highway Cruise is enabled, it is activated after the TC locks in fouth gear, so I ASSume you would only need the 4th gear pressure switch.

Paul