36MM (1LE) Swaybar bushing Info

hello; I ordered a set of bushings from TDS. They should be here soon and I'll let you know my opinion.
IBBY

hello; My bushings came in today and came super fast. I put them in the bracket first and there noticeably lower than the others but still not flush. Then I went to the SB and they just swam around as if they where cut way OS. It turns out the SB is 34MM instead of the 36. I never measured it as I bought it from a known vendor here so I thought it was correct. The SB I got has the holes in it so it's hollow and I'll give it a shot in the future. We worked out a deal on the bar and I'm exchanging the bushing.
Maybe this could be a good thing as I believe it's going to be a tight fit with my mods. I's not a whole bunch smaller in dia. but it might be better for me.
IBBY

I've read about the only difference between the hollow 34mm bar and the stock F41 is the weight.
What other mods do you have that might create a problem with the 36mm bar?

hello; As I said earlier I have a oversized SLIC and a SC&C brace that took some work to do and I can't remember but it was real close to the IC or the stock TB SB. We'll see as I just sent back the 36 mm bushings for the 34.
IBBY

Compared my 81 Camaro Z/28 (WS6) sway bar brackets to some original F41 brackets today.
The Z/28 brackets don't have offset bolt holes and the dimensions are the same.

hello; I got the 34 mm bushing yesterday and I belive it's going to work. Now the fit of the bushing on the bar is nice and the fit of the bushing in the my stock buick bracket should be OK. The bushing still is not flush with the bracket but it's alot closer the the one I had. Now just test fitting the parts on the SB and it's tight. Meaning there's no movment of the parts after you get it the bracket is pressed in enuff for a bolt. These parts have not been on the car so maybe then it will all work out.
thanks for the help
IBBY

The bushing should stick out of the bracket a little and get squished when you tighten the bracket down.
Like you found out most people ended up trying to compact too much material.
Add the stress from the sway bar trying to keep the everything level and I can see how there would be problems.