36MM (1LE) Swaybar bushing Info

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
Can someone tell me the part# for the bushings/brackets (Energy Suspension, Moog, etc,) they used to attach the Fbody 36mm 1 LE swaybar to our G body's.

hello people and whats happenin; I like those bushing spohn has. There brackets are not just a bent pc of flat stock as I've seen and kinda going to the stock like style. I do have a 36mm sway bar (not installed) and got a pr. of new stock brackets from Hi-Way stars thats suppose to work with the bushing that like a Kirban sells. No way there going to work unless squish the crap out of the bushing. I think I'll just get the spohn set up.
The end links are easily found but Hi-Way stars also sell a HD AC Delco set.
IBBY

I think Moog makes some good end links as well.

I like the problem solver line from them.

hello people; I called spohn and they could not give me a hole to hole dim. on there bracket. So if any one has used that set up tell me sure if it will fit our Buicks?. Also there bolts are sold seperately and are 10 mm x 1.5 pitch. Is that bolt the same on our cars?
thanks men and women
IBBY

hello people; I'll be getting a hole to hole dim. on that bracket Monday.
I'll be back.
IBBY

hello people; I still can't do much on this site at home. I still get that error 400 thing. But fri. spohn gave me a call and I ordered the bushings then. It shouldn't take much time to get here so I'll let you know what I come up with.
IBBY

hello people; That spohn setup won't work. The bushing might but with a different bracket. The bracket supplied mounting holes are offset. Look closely at the pic. There going back and I'll be back.
IBBY

You probably already have this figured out but I thought I'd add a little info that I discovered through many searches.

You can get Top Down Solitions 36mm poly bushings for 83-92 Camaro's. (They start out as Energy Suspension 35mm bushings but they are drilled to 36mm)

http://www.top-downsolutions.com/greasable-front-sway-bar-bushing-kit-for-1983-92-camaro-or-fireb
Chose the without the bracket option. The Energy Suspension brackets won't work and either will the F-Body brackets.
Use the stock F41 sway bar brackets.

There are a few Monte Carlo SS owners that have had success with this setup and from what I've seen they aren't pulling bolts out of their frames either.
I have yet to do it but my parts are on order.

hello; I havn't figured it out yet but I havn't tried either. Another member gave a suggestion to a different bushing that might work but do you have a P/N on that stock F41 bracket? I've been kinda dragging my ass with the S/B because I have a oversized SLIC and a SC&C brace that took some work to work and with this larger S/B it might not? Others have said it will but I have my doubt.
IBBY

Just how heavy is that SC&C Brace?

Unfortunately I do not have the part number for the brackets.
I don't have the brackets either. They should be fairly easy to get used.
I hit up some of the guys who are always selling F41 bars on other Gbody sites and was quoted 25.00 shipped.
Below is a picture of a set that are on ebay right now. They guy wants way too much to ship and if you read his feedback he's a real piece of work.

I'm gunna try to see if a set from a 81 Camaro Z/28 will work. They also had a pretty big sway bar being a code WS6 suspension. They shouldn't have offset holes like on the 83-92 Camaro brackets.

$T2eC16ZHJHwE9n8ii02QBQssqeiwtQ~~60_57.JPG

hello; Let me know how to make out but the brace is beefy and I don't know the weight. I'd give em a call and find out for sure. As Disapper did you have to cut out the crossover pc. and reweld. I made a suggestion to them as to sell the brace unwelded but got no responce.
IBBY

hello; I giving your suggestion some thought but do me a favor and see if you think there the same ones that Hy way stars is selling? I bought them and they don't work with the 36 mm bushing that others sell here.
thanks
IBBY

The brackets do look the same. Do you have the top down solution bushings or some thers? I've personally seen & know many others have got that bracket/bushing combo to work without issue.

hello; I've got the bushing that Kirbans sells and when I bought the SB from him they came with it. You can see it on his site.
IBBY

The Kirban ones just look like Moog replacement parts, they are a different shape than the TDS units. The factory brackets & TDS bushings is a combo already proven to work. Good luck

hello and thanks as I like the sound of proven to work. Others had said they got that moog replacement to work but I didn't think so. I'm going to order just the TDS bushing and see whay happens.
IBBY

I saw those but was hesitant about ordering. Even though they say "exact to NOS" they don't look like the stock items I posted.
I'd rather purchase used parts that were proven to be correct.

The set I have from the 81 Z/28 looks right. The Top Down Solutions bushing sat in it very nicely.
I just have to unbolt my bar and brackets and see if the holes line up.

I'm looking for a used factory GP Brace.
Kirban is selling their stout piece for 83.89 shipped so I'm not willing to go too high price wise.