31st Annual GS Nationals OCT 19-22, 2011 - BG, KY

October? Wow... pretty soon it will be snowmobile racing instead of Buicks.

Bowling Green, KY & Beech Bend Raceway are my favorite!!!

Bowling Green, Kentucky and Beech Bend Raceway are my favorite city and track to be at especially when I drive my 87 Buick Grand National,
ok, original and modified... 2011 GS Nationals will have an Original Owner Turbo V6 OT Class for the Car Show on Friday.

Wisconsin "XSTASY" - Original Owner, driven to 2005 GS Nationals... AND maybe 2011. Question who will drive my hard top shown in 2nd pic?
Pic of my 1987 Original T-Top GN w/38,500 miles... photo taken May 2005.
ATR 2.5" Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust, RJC PP, Torque Strap, Brace Kit
DSC07306.JPG

20 Years later March 2008 - I purchased my 2nd 87 GN to be a daily driver and a tribute to promote the GN/GNX (GNX Clone Project)... driven 20k miles since March 2008
Street driven track ready 12.396 @ 108.95 and 60' of 1.806 w/16" street tires
Maine Lobster "XSTASY" - 4th owner, driven Maine to BG, Kentucky 2009-2010 GS Nationals..
Pic of my 1987 Hardtop Bolt-on Mods w/106,599 miles.... photo taken Oct 2010.
Who will drive my hard top from Wisconsin to Bowling Green, KY? If I drive my T-Top... Jimmi Shine?
2 GN's driven from WI to KY with Same plates, XSTASY, 2 different states, same owner... one car driven = stress, 2 GN's = double stress...
DSC05884_2010_GSNats_3A.JPG

This will be my 20 year annv. going to the Nationals!!!!

Man am I getting OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See ya there!!!

JD

October on Bowling Green

October Fall Weather - 3 videos - subwoofer and volume up is sweet!!!
Here is short video ride to Beech Bend in my 87 GN
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6AnOUFueDU[/YOUTUBE]

Next video is near end of track... 7.10 @ 179 mph
pop pop pop pop pop pop.... green light go!!!
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZvEwk-iUQ0[/YOUTUBE]

This next video is cool too, old school vs new school... 11.41 @ 117 mph and real close!!
stop the video at 15 seconds and see for yourself...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4NgwSkdHO8[/YOUTUBE]

Very nice tires on the ttop gn :)

Did you buy those original tires years back from a guy in the south subs of chicagoland in a home depot parking lot?? :biggrin: enjoy:wink: ALEX

Me living in ky for most all of my life 70 miles north of bg which is a track that I go to often this is the best change for the nat's. If we plan anything around derby time it is inside lol always rain and for years it has killed the nat's best move ever for the weather. I think people will love this time of year less heat and we will have better racing car's will run better just watch the derby and see the mess with rain most of the time just my thoughts.

T-Top GN NOS ROWL Tires

Hi Alex,

YES they are the those tires... and barely used, still like new yet... thank you!

some people collect shoes, I collect tires...
Total 6 sets of tires for 2 GN's = 24
2 sets are of stock GN wheels & tires = 8
1 set of 4-16" GNX look a like rims with Kumho's, 2-Frt, 4-Rear = 6 (2 R New)
1 set of 4-NOS never used, never mounted, GY Eagle GT ROWL
2 - 15" DR's

and now I need 4 new tires for my daily driver jeep grand cherokee overland, $160 each, ouch!!!

I own 3 vehicles, t-top, hard top, and moon roof.
All 3 start with GRAND...
All 3 are BLACK....
All 3 have the same license plates - XSTASY
and Blacked out with tinted windows...

One more perk is I can park in handicap so people can't hit my vehicles...
4 years ago, I had left & right hip replacements due to military injury 800 feet above ground at at night, jumping from an US Air Force Airplane, thus LEGALLY a valid handicap sticker... even tho I don't look handicap... and especially when I drive a modified GN 12.39 @ 109 mph in 1/4 mile, 60'=1.806 on street tires... I can't wait for GS Nationals 2011... adding flares and vents before the Nationals...

Wisconsin Auto GN T-Top -XSTASY
Wisconsin Truck JEEP - XSTASY
Maine Lobster Auto GN Hard top - XSTASY

1987 GRAND NATIONAL T-TOP - stock with 38,594 original miles
1987 GRAND NATIONAL HARD TOP - daily driver bolt-on modified with 106,696 miles
2004 GRAND CHEROKEE MOON ROOF - stock 4.7L with 116,666 miles

Yes my license plates get attention especially from the police drug task enforcement, but I can't help that the name was made famous by bad people, in fact I have had my first XSTASY plates since purchased new from Buick Dealership, the first and only license plates on my 1987 GN T-top.

plus 4 photos with opposite weather,
Feb 2011 - Wisconsin Bitter Cold & Snow
June 2011 Panama City Beach, Florida - Hot Summer Sun & Beach

Attachments

• Feb_22_2011 059.jpg
    Feb_22_2011 059.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 715
  • Feb_22_2011 064.jpg
    Feb_22_2011 064.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 687
  • July_22_2011 234.jpg
    July_22_2011 234.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 683
  • July_22_2011 243.jpg
    July_22_2011 243.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 698
August 2 shop burn out

This morning got up early to change oil in my jeep, then talked to Tim about adding GNX Flares & Vents, he said stop back with parts... ok

As I pull into shop parking lot, there are 2 burn out marks...
ahhh I love to smoke my tires... in my GN daily driver...

I pulled in by shop doors and Tim is in the shop & Jay is outside... I could see both of them... 20 pounds of boost, 107 mph, and smoking the tires... and the windows open!!! I want more!!!!!!!!!!

I brake and smoke the tires and slowly pull forward and the police drive by on the street... uh ohhh Po-Po.... Jay tells me don't worry... smoking the tires on private commercial property is OK, Jay said the police cannot do anything, Tim mentioned maybe noise, Nope... unless after 10 pm... It was 9 am...

I like it, I love it, I want some more of it... smoking the tires, turbo boost, going as fasssssssssssssst as possible for road conditions/track allows. Real Street Drags August 5 at WIR in Kaukauna... Krause Family will be there in their 87 GN with RJC Mega Front Mount Intercooler, 5" downpipe into 4" single exhaust... and hurst olds shifter...

I'm meeting a couple other folks at I-40, Exit 25 @ 8:00 AM. That's Hwy. 205 just past Lakeland.

I live just outside of BG. Should be great weather Friday and Saturday. Things will be hit and miss Wednesday and Thursday. Hope to see a huge crowd of turbos and big blocks this year.