315 or larger tires on 11" wheels

6togo

Anyone running 315's or bigger on a 11" rear wheel being notched and lips trimmed? Wondering the how the fit is and did the wheel tub need much mod work? The frame is notched to the seam!

I am running 17x11 with 315/35/17 nitto NT05Rs in the back. My fender lips are rolled and my frame is notched. I have not modified the tub yet but I do need to. On steeper inclines when the rear end get cocked I get rub on the inside of the wheel tub. I screwed up and have 6.25" BS and am running a 1/2" billet spacer for 5.75" BS. I wish I had 5.5 BS with no spacer and I think it would be perfect without any modification being needed to the wheel tub.

The problem is going to be the diameter of the 315 tire. They are almost 30". It is going to interfere with the opening.

I should have asked, what size wheel diameter wise? If 17s then it's only 25.6" tall. If you are talking about a 15" wheel then yes the tire diameter is going to cause problems.

No I will be running 18's what part of the wheel tub hits the tire and how much room do you have besides the tub issue?

No I will be running 18's what part of the wheel tub hits the tire and how much room do you have besides the tub issue?

Id have to take a picture but it's about 3-4 inches up above the frame, otherwise I have good clearance inside and out. Probably 1/2-2/3" to the frame
And similar to the fender. I'll take some pics if I get a chance tomorrow.