315/60-15 drag radial

kingots2004

heres some pics of the drag radials imma run. i mounted them on a 10 inch 4.5 backspace just to get a measurement on them. i got like 3 inches more that i can move them in once i do my tubs( frame is already notched). so im thinkin 12 inch wheel with 6.5 backspace will work but i may just use a 10 and got 5.5. what yaou guys think?

Attachments

• 315 radial 1.jpg
    315 radial 1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 376
  • 315 passside 2.jpg
    315 passside 2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 347
  • 315 driver fronttoback.jpg
    315 driver fronttoback.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 341
  • 315 full back.jpg
    315 full back.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 406
I too want to run that tire. I believe the 10 inch wheel is what you need. It definitely needs to set in further than it does now(in my opinion) I've decided to narrow my axle housing instead of fighting with the offset. I'm going with 3.5 backspace and will narrow the housing to fit. I prefer the look of the deep wheel.

yeah i agree i like a deep wheel also but if imma narrow anything its gonna be a 9 inch lol. and im sure thats in my future down the road.im just suprised they fit as good as they did on a 4.5 bs wheel.they really clear everthing better than the 29.5 10.5 slick i had on it.its like the slick was a little taller even though they are suppose to be the same height.

this pic is of these tires on a 12inch rim before my buddy pulled off and let me have them

Attachments

• mustang2.jpg
    mustang2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 286
I am going with the Moser fabricated 9 inch, they will send it a shorter length than stock. I already notched the frame but have to cut the tubs still. If you could, could you measure the total width sidewall to sidewall with the tire mounted? My car will be on air ride suspension and will have to be able to sit low. I'm not positive if I can squeeze that wide of tire in there. Here's my notch:
img080.jpg

img081.jpg

yeah man ill measure it tommorrow... which is now today :) . ive been out all day today.but yeah no problem. id love to have the moser setup also.

looks like its right at 13 inches sidewall to sidewall. i had to measure it with a tape measure so its an eyeball figure.

Any pics of the frame and sidewall with them on the 10" rims?
I used to ride on 295/50's and have a feeling you're not that much further out due to tire height and the rim tucking some back in. The #'s show about a 13/16ths width difference (doesn't mean the manufactures make them exactly to those tire widths) but spread across both sides and tucked might not be that much.

Not sure I'd go 12" but it will maximize the thread width in that size, interested to see the final pics after the tub.

well i went to take pics but my camera was outta juice i did measure it at the far back i have 2 inches from the sidewall to frame on the drivers side and 1 inch on pass side:(. up top it looks like more. my rearend is a tad futher back due to having those relocation brackets. the guy rolled my rearend a little to set pinion angle since i didnt have adjustable uppers. that and the fact that the reclocation bracket had a 3 inch drop hole swung my rear back a little.anyway i cant use a 12 unless i remove the very back of the frame and make a new one but a 10 with a 5.5bs is gonna work just fine just not as much as i had hoped but oh well lol.