30th anniversery TA

PsychoBuickBoy

The Money Pit
This wasn't a complete kill but funny still. I was out cruising comming up to a red light when a 30th Anniversery WS6 TA flys by me and cuts me off so he could have pole position at the light. Too bad I couldn't get beside him but I will see what he does at the light. Light turns green and he takes off with some wheel spin. I lightly pedal the throttle and stay right on his rear. He is hammering through his gears getting rubber in second and I stay right on his @ss still not able to floor it because I would run him over. I then moved over and start to pass him but there is traffic ahead and we both let off. We get to the next light but there were cars in front of us and he rolls his window down and says "I am surprised you could keep up!".
I replied "Funny thing is I never even went full throttle (I checked my Scanmaster and it never even recorded any o2 values because I didn't go WOT)."
He said "Yea right, how much NAAAWWWS are you running?".
I said "No nitrous buddy, just V6 power."
He rolled his window up shaking his head, I know he didn't believe me. There wasn't any other chance to run this guy again because he took the first turn, escape route, he could find. hopefully he went home and looked up what a Grand National is capable of.

"Yea right, how much NAAAWWWS are you running?"...

Why is it everybody always assumes that TRs have nitrous? I guess it's a little hard to believe that a V6 with with some forced induction can be fast or maybe it's because there are a lot of ignorant people. Either way, I think the best thing to do after u hand them their ass is to pull over, pop the hood and tell them if u can find any "naaawwws" I'll give u this car. This should bring them into reality and maybe they'll have some respect for the DARK SIDE!!!:D

Just a quick question............Isn't a 30th an LT1? I am in no way trying to be a smarta$$. I am just curious, because I thought that the 97's had the LT1. :confused:

I thought a 30th anniversery Trans Am was a '99. I could be wrong but I am sure someone will chime in and clear us up. It was one of the white ones with the 2 blue stripes down the hood and the WS6 package.

1WE4

The 25th anniversary (94) was an LT1. The 30th (99) was an LS1. The Firebird started in 67, but the first TA was in 69. :)

Yes, Thank-You! I am not up to date on the models and years.

Yep, the 30th is a ‘99 LS1. You were probably thinking of the 30th SS, which was a ’97 LT1 (a few were also LT4s).

I was at moroso one night and a girl had a 30th anniversery. It ended up that we got lined up and she told her boyfriend that she was going to get to lay the smack down on a GN ( she actually knew what it was) and the boyfriend told her, I don't think so. She ended up running a 13.5 at around 106 and I ran around 12.9 on 235 radials. I found all of this out after the race when we went pack to the lanes. She started telling me she hoped she would beat me. Hey, at least she knew what a GN was and she owned a 30th TA. I need to find me a chick like that.

stories like this are so un setteling. it makes me wanna find that guy and show him there aint no "nossssss" in this v6, and show him that half throttle would smoke him. i cant stand it!!! i cant stand it!!!!! :D

Originally posted by PsychoBuickBoy
"I am surprised you could keep up!".
I replied "Funny thing is I never even went full throttle (I checked my Scanmaster and it never even recorded any o2 values because I didn't go WOT)."
He said "Yea right, how much NAAAWWWS are you running?".
I said "No nitrous buddy, just V6 power."
He rolled his window up shaking his head, I know he didn't believe me.

Ya, seems these "new school" ls1 owners think they are the gods of street racing now:rolleyes: If they get beat they seem to automatically think the oponent is spraying. Funny part is, spray is ls1/lt1's most popular power adder, so even if you had spray, a ls1/lt1 driver calling anyone out on having spray, is like calling out a cop for pulling his gun in a shootout. :rolleyes: Most of the guys with lt1/ls1's down here roll around with 100-125 dry shots on tap, all the time, and they don't like talking about it, if you know what i mean.

Shoebox

about LT1/LS1 N2O...

LT1s using dry shots? Why?
The only reason why we LS1 guys tend to use them is because our intakes don’t flow fuel very well, but even still many LS1ers opt to go wet. LT1 cars usually spray wet because they can without the intake issues. Sure, some LT1s are spraying dry, but I’m surprised that most in your area are?

And to all...remember that not all of us LS1 owners are ignorant to buick power. I always worry whenever I pull up next to one, on the street or at the strip.

"The only reason why we LS1 guys tend to use them is because our intakes don’t flow fuel very well, but even still many LS1ers opt to go wet. LT1 cars usually spray wet because they can without the intake issues. Sure, some LT1s are spraying dry, but I’m surprised that most in your area are?"

I know of two guys down here with lt1's running 100 shot, DRY. Then from what ive heard all the ls1 guys run up to 150 dry, and after that they go wet, correct me if im wrong?? The hot kit everyone down here is running is the TNT kit, from what i hear. Most of them no not to doubt a buick, but seem to think spray isn't a modd you talk about.:rolleyes: Which i find it funny, if your going to smoke a blown 5.0 or viper, don't dry to BS everyone and say, "ya its an ls1/lt1 with bolt-ons" unless by bolt-ons u mean heads/cam and bolt-ons. Was at a car show a week or so back with a large group of ls1/lt1 guys, all blowing smoke up each others ass about kills/modds, i was rather amused, since i know a few other these guys cars very well.:D

Shoebox

Most LS1s around my area that are running dry are running the NOS 5177 kit. It’s 75 to 125 adjustable. A ’98 or an ‘01/’02 can spray 150 dry, but ’99 & ‘00s are limited to 125 dry due to our smaller fuel injectors (26# vs. 28#). Past that, LS1s must spray wet if they want to keep stock injectors. Many of them spraying wet around my area use the NX kit.

If spray is your power adder, why hide it? (unless you’re racing for money or something) Juice is nothing to be ashamed of, but if you are too ashamed to mention it then you should take it off your car, IMO. I’m not running spray on my LS1, but if I ever decide to you can bet I’ll be honest about it.

Glad to hear that you know some “smart” LS1 people that are Buick aware. I hate the fools like the 30th guy in this story that make all us LS1ers look bad.

Most of the ls1/lt1 guys are pretty knowledgable about the buicks, from my experiences. Can't say the same about mustang drivers:rolleyes:

Some people never learn:cool:

Shoebox

My wife and I both own LT1 powered cars, 95 formula 6sp and a 96 ws6 Auto. She and I know the power of the GN cause we own one. You'd be surprised that many f-body owners on the fbody.com site have a healthy respect for the GN. Most are aware that they can hold there own against new hardware w/o NOS. I think it's fun to be on both sides of the fence. Hell, theres a kid down the street that has a fake cobra (mustang) that revs at us all the time when he drives by. We laugh. I would gladly tell him to take his pick, he couldn't handle anything we have. But alas, He broke his stang two weeks again and must not have the money to fix it. Oh, well.