3 Weeks to Daytona

mydesigner

BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!!!!!
I cant wait til Nacar starts. 3 weeks til the 500 about two til the Bud Shootout. Anyone have predictions for the first Nextel Cup Winner?

Yeah, the guy who wins the fewest races, but has great hair, a pristine uniform, a bottle-blonde wife, 2 kids under age 5, can mention all of his sponsors in less than 10 seconds while talking to his investment advisor on his cell, and speaks like Peter Jennings...

:D

Ryan Newman is the man and will win the next season! And, he's the driver that wins the MOST races. #12 will rule.

Will be routing for Dale Jr of course. This season will be sort of strange with the Nextel deal and also the new points system.

Didn't watch a whole race at all last year. The whole season was sort of boring.

Things haven't been the same since Feb 18 2001.:(

Originally posted by BuickGn Boosted
Will be routing for Dale Jr of course. This season will be sort of strange with the Nextel deal and also the new points system.

Didn't watch a whole race at all last year. The whole season was sort of boring.

Things haven't been the same since Feb 18 2001.:(
Check out this link here: http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/news/
I've got it worse than anybody and I live 20 minutes from the track. I'm with you on #3, I was sitting in the cheap seats off of turn 2 and missed it. We were sitting in the traffic about two blocks from the hospital listening to the scanner when the ambulance went by. I think things are going to change this season. For the past three weeks I have been running into drivers,crew chiefs,owners and other people connected and all of these guys are pumped up. My bet is for anybody running a Chevy. These guys were way faster in testing than any of the Fords and Dodges.

Always ready, but...

the new points system sucks. NASCAR is gonna fool around and let success ruin them. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I too was there on that day in February Day. And did not think that it was a very hard hit. Was also in traffic when I heard the news.

I to think the DEI cars will go to the front.

But I still pull for Mikey (15)

I have 3 tickets. However i cannot seem to find a flight under $450.00 and I am not spending that to be there. :(

I cant wait because December 15th I got to race around the 24 Hour course in a Formula Dodge... it is THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!!

njturbo

Where would you fly out of in Jersey and what would be your departure and return dates? Might be able to find something lower. Just have to see.

Drew

Originally posted by Pressure-Less
njturbo

Where would you fly out of in Jersey and what would be your departure and return dates? Might be able to find something lower. Just have to see.

Drew

I can fly out of Newark, Atlantic City, or Philly. I need to leave on Thursday the 12th and return on the 15th. :(

Let me know Thanks...:D

Has Daytona ever been delayed/cancelled due to rain in its history? or any other unforseen problems.

The reason I ask is I have some friends that EAT up NASCAR trivia questions