3" Cat Converter

GNBeswick

It's just a V6 Regal....
Does anyone know where I can get a 3" cat converter? I have to get my car smogged this month and I cant find anywhere with a 3" :(

I just picked one up used. I agree they are hard to find.

Postons

and

Jack Cotton.

There is a custom converter manufacture in Georgia but the name and location slips me right now.

I did a google search for a 3 inch and came up with it.

Random Tech. makes a good but expensive Hi/Flo cat. in 2.5" and 3" sizes with the proper GM Flange on the back of it.

Length is about 15" which is another important measurement to take so you don't have to buy twice. ;)

410300 - 3" Catalytic Converter - 410300

These work great! And are small enough to fit most any application. Very affordable, too. Even Jeg's wants WAY too much for thier converters. Full stainless construction, too. If you google " 3" cat converter " This is what you get first. Google is our friend.;)
This is the exact catalytic converter I have on my GN right now after taking off my other cat to pass emissions. I bought this one because of the price and I knew as soon as it arrived it was going to the vise to get gutted!! What I to fabricate the fit was measure your old cat, determine the length you need for an exact fit,then I had an old 2 1/2" test pipe laying around with the 4 bolt flange, I cut the flange end of the test pipe leaving me with about 6" piece of pipe(with flange) Then I went to Napa and bought a pipe coupler, I believe was 2 1/2" ID(inner diameter) and 3" OD(outer diameter) then take the coupler, clamp it to the 4 bolt flange end, then clamp the other end of the coupler to the cat converter, voila done! bolt it in place, and connect to downpipe with a band clamp!! ( Remember you must measure your old cat for the proper length, then cut the pipes to fit)

These work great! And are small enough to fit most any application. Very affordable, too. Even Jeg's wants WAY too much for thier converters. Full stainless construction, too. If you google " 3" cat converter " This is what you get first. Google is our friend.;)

Good one!
I have used this unit for 3 years, but paid around $60 for it of E-Bay.
I dropped and broke one internally, so I gutted it ...... than purchased another for testing. I use band clamps for the connectors. (NAPA)

So that cat looks very tempting....but I noticed the "(Not for use in California)". Does anyone know why that is? Will it not pass CA emissions testing.....or does CA just hate that style? Cause if I can use one of those and get away with it....I'm all for it.