#3 Bad Kirban Experience

I tried installing a Kirban repo wiper stalk and now the repo does not control wipers.
Looks like the nub on the Kirban stalk is smaller then OEM. What's the deal or am I screwed? :mad:

I am really having a hard time with Kirban products, poor instructions for window rattle kit(the book he sells is no help with the rattle kit), bad ignition coil with cracked tower on #6, and now this BS with the stalk! No instructions with that dam thing either! :mad:

Lou
OIF Vet

If you need instructions on how to install a turn signal stalk WTF are you doing with a Turbo regal:rolleyes:

kirban 2 cents worth

Appreciate all the kind words in the above posts here. It's important to remember many parts you buy do not come with directions even turn signal stalks from GM don't come with directions.

If indeed the part is faulty we have no problem replacing it or whatever. Seeing one on ebay cheaper does not mean it is the same supplier as the one we sell. As I stated earlier I know several versions exist in chrome.

Many items today for these cars are repros or replacements. I can't think of any GM part we supply that comes with directions. We do make detailed directions on several items we make that require special directions.

kirban
I've bought parts from you for my customer's cars +1 on your service. I'll only deal w/ you and Full Throttle!! It's not your fault if a part is mis-installed!!

Dennis Kirban

Jeez, being nasty about Dennis is troubling to me. In all of the years I've been buying parts from him I've never, ever, and I repeat, never, ever had a problem of ANY KIND with him. It looks like you just didn't know how to properly install this turn signal lever. There's a TRICK to it, and like all of us here, you have to STUDY AND LEARN how to do it. Most of us here, including me, have our trusty, dusty, lusty, busty shop manuals on these cars...and if I don't know how to do something on my '87 GN, I'll ask the fellas here on the list. They've NEVER failed me. No matter how much you MAY know about TurboRegals, someone knows more than you do. Including me. But, Dennis, hmmm, I don't know man, he's tops in my book. I've had many a conversation with him and he's just a great car guy (and music guy like me) always willing to answer questions no matter how busy he is. I ordered my turn signal stalk from Dennis, it came in the mail, and me being the picky dork I am, I found some imperfections on it. Called Pete, Pete said no problem, send it back, he'll go back and pick out the best one of the lot and send it to me. Which he did. He was so kind, caring and a perfect gentleman, I had to write Dennis to commend him for it. And another time...I ordered one of those neat Grand National picture prints under the stary sky...got it quickly, but had a bad bend on it about 10 inches long. Called Dennis to see if they would send me another one in perfect shape, he said not a problem and keep the defective one even after I offered to return it. Dennis is a professional and a gentleman. Very, very well versed in these cars. His whole staff is the same way. I just can't believe what you said about your car has be KBd forever. What a crappy thing to say. I feel you should step up to the plate, sport, be a man, and appologize to Dennis. I'm sure all of us feel that way. If you don't know how to do something on your TurboBuick...ASK HERE!!!!:biggrin: These fellas will NEVER let you down. I personally feel it's a great honor to be even associating with these terrific guys. Dennis included. And for more information, I've never, ever had a problem with Brian at GBody, nor Glen at Nos4gn. These guys are at the top of their game...they want to be and will bend over backwards, like Dennis, to make your problem right. If I weren't a guy, I'd kiss all three of them for being such great businessmen:rolleyes: . Well, you get my drift how I feel about them. They'd be out of business in no time if they were out to screw people over. You've got to LIKE people, HELP people when they need it, and treat them with the CARING CONCERN like they would want to be treated in return. You're dealing with real pros here, it would be nice if you said you're sorry to Dennis. The ball's in your court, sport.:biggrin:
(end of lecture number...let's see...umm, uh...well....I forget now:rolleyes: )

Bruce '87 Grand National

I have the right to complain to anyone about anything, anywhere I please, no matter what.......

All the best,
Lou
OIF Vet

That is the most selfish, self-centered, arrogant comment I have ever heard from a turbo Buick owner in 23 years I have dealt with them.:mad:

Hope you remember that when you are asking for help from the Buick community.

Oh, you probably know everything so you will not need help.:confused:

Thanks for the quick reply Dennis, I sent you the PM after this thread started to balloon out of control. There is always someone willing to attack once the frenzy begins, but why a photo of a man's nude back(bison's signature) is troubling.

I don't know why that's troubling. Wish mine looked like that. Bison, is that really you or just some random pic?

Like I said, frenzy. Dog pile on the rabbit, everyone's all upset.:mad:

I try to warn a group about products that I felt were poor quality with bad instructions but I guess everyone wants it hush-hush. WTF are these forums for? Kissing each others a$$ or getting good information?

People sell on Ebay cheap because the stuff is cheap, I can't imagine there are multiple factories pumping out turn signal stalks for GM or aftermarket. More then likely, there is one or two at the most.

I can and did install the stalk, correctly, thanks. The bump on the side is too small and fits poorly. I am sure the receptacle in the steering column has been damaged. My indicator is at "on" when the wipers are off. It walks out 3/16" by vibration alone, I wish I left the old one in there.

I wish everyone would stop reading around everything I say looking for a chop at Dennis, you all are missing the whole point of this thread.

This is still somewhat a free country(Patriot Act) and yes I can complain about anything, anywhere, anytime, to anyone I please.

Dennis,

Sorry - no hard feelings, I was completely wrong, everything is perfect.
GTOs, 63 Vette, Buicks, I remember all of your stories - you're a good guy. Nothing personal, just my way of doing things - right or wrong.

Sincerely,
Lou
OIF Vet

Lou19 :

relax man, your new here to this board, it may be more helpful to make friends then enemy's here, its a tight knit community with alot of help to offer,these guys have been around a long time and have a loyal following based on service and quality, with all due respect your starting off on the wrong foot...every supporting vendor that I have dealt with has gone great lenghts for me at times, and Im sure you can find the same service if you take a step back and be willing to let others help you instead of jumping to conclusions...it is frustrating at times when we get the wrong part etc and have to return or wait for a new one, but at least the vendors try...which is far better than alot of the bigger main stream shops...you will find that everyone here has an opinion, and their own 2cents...take it for whats it worth... we are all here for a commomn cause...TB's so grab a beer relax and enjoy the site...by the way welcome aboard.

Okay. Riddle me this. Say you bought the bargain part off of eBay. And it didn't fit or you had the same problem. Aint no way you would have came over here and b1tched and moaned how you lost a Jackson or two and screwed up your car.:mad:

Okay here's a deal for you. If Dennis doesn't do right for you or for any other reason than send me that cruise stalk and I'll trade you for the one I sell. But be warned that I will install it on my personal GN and prove that it does fit like a glove and function the way it should. Video will be posted for all to learn from.

I've been selling parts for over 30 years. If one thing is constant as far as GM cars built in the 80's goes is the size of the hole in the wiper switch and the size of the nub on the cruise/turn signal stalk. G-Body,Corvette or Cavalier. Don't make a difference. They all have the same dimmensions. In most cases they used the same parts.

I love this tard read some of his other posts.Lou please do yourself a favor and take your tools back to the dollar store before its to late to return them.

Are you sh******me?

Like I said, frenzy. Dog pile on the rabbit, everyone's all upset.:mad:

I try to warn a group about products that I felt were poor quality with bad instructions but I guess everyone wants it hush-hush. WTF are these forums for? Kissing each others a$$ or getting good information?

People sell on Ebay cheap because the stuff is cheap, I can't imagine there are multiple factories pumping out turn signal stalks for GM or aftermarket. More then likely, there is one or two at the most.

I can and did install the stalk, correctly, thanks. The bump on the side is too small and fits poorly. I am sure the receptacle in the steering column has been damaged. My indicator is at "on" when the wipers are off. It walks out 3/16" by vibration alone, I wish I left the old one in there.

I wish everyone would stop reading around everything I say looking for a chop at Dennis, you all are missing the whole point of this thread.

This is still somewhat a free country(Patriot Act) and yes I can complain about anything, anywhere, anytime, to anyone I please.

Dennis,

Sorry - no hard feelings, I was completely wrong, everything is perfect.
GTOs, 63 Vette, Buicks, I remember all of your stories - you're a good guy. Nothing personal, just my way of doing things - right or wrong.

Sincerely,
Lou
OIF Vet

My God, what an arrogant jerk you are. "Kissing each other's ass?" The only ass I see is you, and obviously it's YOUR ass that you want kissed by us. And by the way, get your damn punctuation right, dork. Obviously a high school drop out or your were asleep most of the time during your "EDUCATION YEARS". You can see what a class act Dennis is, dispite all the negative remarks you threw his way, he came back like a true gentleman in the way he was answering your idiot crap. He didn't stoop to your level like I am right now being pissed off by your ignorant arrogance to fail to see the point. CHEAP EBAY ITEMS????? How ignorant are you going to be for soooooo long??????? I've bid on hundreds of Grand National parts on eBay, won most, and I have gotten great deals on parts, ORIGINAL PARTS, dork, some at a great price. Try beating this CHEAP DEAL....I won a mint, NOS, never installed in a car '87 Grand National passenger seat, complete, not one scratch, not one dent, with the factory plastic still on it, in dry, careful storage since '87, it was someone's spare that they bought in '87 as a backup seat....CHEAP (your words) at $232. Not cheap to me, but cheap by all NOS standards. THROUGH EBAY, JERK!!! EVERY PART I WON ON EBAY WORKS PERFECTLY, AND I INSTALLED IT PERFECTLY. I've got to go! I can't stand it anymore. Sometimes pure *******s like you just make me bust an artery. I want to live long enough to enjoy my Grand National and my two old Corvettes, not to have a damn stroke by other idiot's foolishness and lack of manners:mad: I'm too pissed now to even write anymore or I'll end up still stooping to your level again...you win Lou, you jerk. You really pissed me off.:mad:
So long for a while. I'm now going to sell my Rolex on eBay SUPERCHEAP!! Want to buy it? It's only a little ol Submariner, 18K gold, want it for a few dollers, keeps time just like your Timex, dweeb?:rolleyes::mad:

Bruce '87 Grand National

This guy has another thread where he asks for opinions on stupid stickers he put on his car, then when people told him their opinions he just attacked them. This guy is a piece of work, he has been on this board for 2 months and is already making friends.....I would just ignore this guy.

Im thinking of stating a BCB instead of a BBB.
You coulld type in the name and decide if you want to sell to them What do you think Nick,Dennis? Better Customers Bureau
Not to many Buick icons more educated on Turbo Buicks that Dennis Kirban.
Hope you get things worked out Back to the co-vention!

Lou19 :

relax man, your new here to this board, it may be more helpful to make friends then enemy's here, its a tight knit community with alot of help to offer,these guys have been around a long time and have a loyal following based on service and quality, with all due respect your starting off on the wrong foot...every supporting vendor that I have dealt with has gone great lenghts for me at times, and Im sure you can find the same service if you take a step back and be willing to let others help you instead of jumping to conclusions...it is frustrating at times when we get the wrong part etc and have to return or wait for a new one, but at least the vendors try...which is far better than alot of the bigger main stream shops...you will find that everyone here has an opinion, and their own 2cents...take it for whats it worth... we are all here for a commomn cause...TB's so grab a beer relax and enjoy the site...by the way welcome aboard.

Thanks, I know I went a little too far with this. I apologized to Dennis but still get attacked.

I posted this is the wrong forum, another big mistake, my fault.

I have learned that starting a post, positive or negative, is "asking for it".

I guess the mystique of the internet allows many of us to be sinister at times, I'm also guilty of that. Telling the guy to shoot himself in the mouth was wrong, but as a decorated Veteran, he hit a nerve.

While others have temper tantrums in bold print, you are one of the few open minded people here who is willing to let me move on.

I will take your advice and refrain from posting while frustrated and have a couple a beers.

Lou
OIF Vet

I love this tard read some of his other posts.Lou please do yourself a favor and take your tools back to the dollar store before its to late to return them.

true, this is the same guy who started a big thread bitching about the LED taillights :rolleyes:

dennis and his staff are world class!!

true, this is the same guy who started a big thread bitching about the LED taillights :rolleyes:

dennis and his staff are world class!!

Hey,

That thread really paid off!

I would like to thank Scot@GNS for hooking me up with Michael@Speghetti Engineering and RegalRacer87 for his video of his setup.

RegalRacer87 has custom sequence that is very cool. :cool:

I never did publicly thank all of them for their help. So thanks for reminding me! :)