3.8 Stage II motor for sale

turboclam

This was purchased as a virgin block and then sent to Hartline (03-04) for a complete short block build. It's a std bore and has been clearanced for a 3.625 crank. ARP head bolts were used to fasten the GN1s down to the block. Unbeknownst to us the head bolts bottomed out and cracked the lifter valley. We did not notice until water was poured in the radiator and leaked through the cracks in the lifter valley. Engine was pulled and repaired. This was about 4-5 years ago. Throughout the years the main caps have vanished. I have no clue what happened to them. I have aquired a new billet front and rear cap. The two mains are available at program engineering. This motor has never been run! I found a virgin 4.1 stage II and I am dedicating my efforts to that motor. Obviously it will need a line hone/bore done when all caps are collected. Looking to get $2000 obo. Located in ATL GA.

Attachments

• Buick stage II 3.8 038.jpg
    Buick stage II 3.8 038.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,502
  • Buick stage II 3.8 035.jpg
    Buick stage II 3.8 035.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,508
  • Buick stage II 3.8 036.jpg
    Buick stage II 3.8 036.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1,499
  • Buick stage II 3.8 040.jpg
    Buick stage II 3.8 040.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,505
I want to clarify. I only built the shortblock. Someone else installed the headbolts and damaged the engine.

Sorry Cal, figured I was clear enough. Like stated in the 1st and 2nd post, Hartline only machined and assembled the short block (did not install the heads). Clear as mud?

Will you take any parts in trade for it? alky kit? wheels and tires? stretched stock location intercooler? Stage2 heads with accessories?

Was the block run after the repair-how do you know it will hold? I have a complete set of aluminum stage2 head s #0031 complete with springs, retainers,valves, t&d roller rockers, valve covers, pushrods & unmodified bms carb intake for an even trade with the two caps you have.

Sorry but I sold the caps, I couldn't get any good bites on the block so I sold them separately. The block has not EVER been run.