3.8 OR SLEEVED 4.1?

I love the pic of the lifter poking through the rubble.

Damn, when you blow a motor you do it right, you don't just blow it, you blow it APART!!!!!

I go big. O2 milivolts read 813 at toward the top of third, 0.0 KR (until carnage)... Like I said, unknown bottom end. I've been racing motorcycles all my life- pistons looked cast, hyper at best. Why not run cast?! You can get all of ten hours in a small bore 2 stroke before the skirt cracks... :rolleyes:

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

. O2 milivolts read 813 at toward the top of third, 0.0 KR (until carnage)...

You were fat enough, something had to happen before the next S/M update or something just let go.

What boost/gear were you running when that happened?

It's great that you can take it in stride.

I've been there before when I got so good at swapping out 455's in my 68 GS I could literally pull the bad one out and put a running engine in the car in about three hours [by myself] and be on the road again.

I went through three engines in one month one time. In fairness they were takeouts not rebuilds.

I was hard on my chit in the 80/90s.

Last edited:
Stride comes with age I guess. Honestly, its devastating- you can laugh or cry... It's not worth anything not running. I just wanna do it right, and know what I have...

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Pictures bring back memories.....I had the same thing happen when the "new" Walbro F269 pump suddenly died at the top of the 1/4

Does a sleeved block lose strength over a non sleeved or is it not the weakest part of the block to be worried about ? I have a 109 block that could use a sleeve.

If it's installed right, you won't notice any extra weakness. Just make sure to use a quality sleeve and you'll be fine.

Thanks Earl..... Just might build that stroker after all , just not right now !!