3.45 Gears Installed!

Raymond Bunch

"Turbo Enthusiast"
image.jpg
3.45 Gears Installed!

I got some 3.45 gears installed today that came off an 1989 IROC Camaro, along with a TA rearend girdle. I've always liked the 3.42 gears that the Turbo Buick's came with from the factory, so...I opted for a gear very similar for my TTA. I think it has already paid off!

First impressions as well as drivability is excellent! I drive the car regularly with the dump open, and with the new gears installed, I defiantly noticed the car sounds so much better/healthier than before. Turbo spool up is noticeably quicker too! I can wait to see the results at the track here in a couple of weeks after I install my Terry Houston Down pipe, Razor Alky Injection kit, TT 80# injectors and chip. It should be a different beast after I get the tune dialed in.

If someone was thinking about doing this mod you can't go wrong, and the benefits are great especially if you drag race your car as often as I do.
burnrubber0.gif

Cool. Now see what your trap RPM's are.

Will do. I Hope to get back to the track in a couple weeks. 1/8 mile tho...o_O
Also, I put the THDP on today....what a PITA. lol But, well worth the hassle and time. Fits perfect!
Now I'm just waiting on Razors Alky Kit, It should be here next week sometime. And tomorrow I will be installing the Racetronix's Injector harness and booster, TT 80# injectors and alky chip.

Still need a bigger fuel pump to support the injectors. Looking at the Racetronix 430lph for added security or the Aeromotive Stealth....as the minimum. Any suggestions, from anyone, is welcome. Thanks.

Julio's still making alky kits for TTAs?

Yes, I assume so. He has mine ready to go with the exception of the Alky tank. The tanks were on back order from Hawks3rdGen a couple days ago when I called him. The same day Julio called me back and said he managed to source one for my kit from somewhere else due to me waiting for a while. You thinking about going Alky?

Definitely going alky, just wasn't sure which way I was going to go to do so. Looks like I'll just be calling him.

Just put the nitrous (150 pill) back on the car and be done with it. :D I want a ride in the old girl tomorrow.

Ohhh yeah. That NOS kit may go on at a later date for sure. Good news, Razor sent my Alky Kit out today. It should be here by next Friday, and installed by Saturday. I also installed the 80lb injectors and chip yesterday. I still need to upgrade the fuel pump, So, you might have to wait for me to turn the boost way up on the car until later. Don't want to grenade something before it fully tuned.:confused:

Ohhh yeah. That NOS kit may go on at a later date for sure. Good news, Razor sent my Alky Kit out today. It should be here by next Friday, and installed by Saturday. I also installed the 80lb injectors and chip yesterday. I still need to upgrade the fuel pump, So, you might have to wait for me to turn the boost way up on the car until later. Don't want to grenade something before it fully tuned.:confused:
If you're running a Walbro pump already I doubt you'll Max it out on gasoline. Even though you have 80's you won't be running them wide open.

If you're running a Walbro pump already I doubt you'll Max it out on gasoline. Even though you have 80's you won't be running them wide open.

I was under the impression that a single Walbro 340 would not work with the 80's. Most vendors like TT recommend a bigger fuel pump, and everyone I know either runs a double pumper or big single pump like the Racetronix 430lph to be on the safe side.

A single 340 will basically Max out 60's. If you're running high tens on 60's and a single 340 (255 lph) no matter what injectors you install in their place you will not use anymore fuel to hit that number. Bigger injectors will just operate at a lower duty cycle

I learned something new today. Thanks guys. So, I should be good for high 10's which is my current goal. In the long run pushing the envelope, I don't plan on going anything faster than a 10.80's. The car is driven daily so I really do like reliability and good street manners above all else.

I am at work....but not really working. And since I'm on TB.com at work then that means I'm doing something productive...ha!