3/4 to WOT Skip/Surge.

Platinum plugs? :eek: Thats a no-no.

Get some cr43ts gap at .030

I knew that's what those numbers would come out too. I am using my android phone now to browse the boards, copy and paste to Google is a feature I'm not sure how to use quickly yet. As posted above, the powerloggers and the widebands are a huge help in finding problems and tuning.

Unplug the cam sensor while its running and re-try. Make sure you plug it back in before you try to re start it.

Platinum plugs? :eek: Thats a no-no.

Get some cr43ts gap at .030

Alright. I think we're getting somewhere. Gone are the prev owners AC Delco platinum plugs. IN are the plugs Rick mentioned above at exactly .030. Some of the plugs were only in finger tight. No force needed whatsoever to loosen most. I thought the socket wasn't fully seated! Gaps varied from .040 to .055.

Plug replacement was fairly easy. I used a tiny bit of di-electric grease on the boots. Wires were tested with vom.

The car fired right up and went to usual high idle,progressively getting lower.

Per someone elses suggestion,I got the can of carb cleaner out(I believe propane can be used too?) and sprayed various places. I found a small vac leak at the vac block atop the plenum. Whoever did the vac brake conversion left 2 of the tits loose at that vac block on the plenum. One of the hoses was a little loose. One loose one was the PCV vac supply.

I need to spend lots of time re-doing vac hoses. Some age cracking is going on.

***Test drive time*** Guess what... That skip/surge seems to have almost disappeared at least at 3/4 throttle. City traffic and speed zones kept me from really trying it. It pulled that Morton Ave hill in Albany really well!

Monday is the next time I'll have to work on it. Hotwire and Powerlogger (ordered) still planned. Crank sens needs to be checked,cam sensor check again,etc.

Thank you everyone. I *tried* to keep this short!

Steve from Upstate,NY. '87 GN. t-tops. 80k. On road to recovery. Rescued from a prev owner.