3.2CL type-S gets burned

Trackmagic11

My cousin , who I must say is foolish for buying an Acura 3.2 CL type S , thinks he is the fastest thing to hit earth. Well the other day he and I pull up to a light and a white Trans Am pulls up. I immediately know its a TTA when I hear him spooling. My ignoramous cousin says " I'm gonna race that fool . . . its a 6'er." I tryed to explain to him he was gonna get killinated but he wouldn't listen. That "harmless 6'er" flat booked and he couldn't figure out why. It was so funny to see the look on his face:D

Those CLs and TLs are nice looking cars. They ain't fast and are wrong-wheel drive, but if I have to buy a car with wrong-wheel drive, that'd probably be the one.

I think that that car is going on my Maxima/V6 Accord list. Really is a damn nice car, but I think OVERpriced. And when you put a TYPE "something" badge on a Honda, uh, Acura then all you have is a mature ricer:D

I don't think it's overpriced for what you get. My friend had gotten one last year (3.2CL Type S, Tiptronic) and the fit and finish is awesome. We hit 160 (on the speedo) in that thing once. The top-end is rediculous. It was a stupid move, and pretty damn scaryyyy if you ask me :eek: Fast car but not that fast. Funny thing, the Acura is "just a sixer" too :D

Funny story and nice car...but when I am driving my TTA...I wont even waste the gass on imports or non Cobra Mustangs, non SS/WS-6 4th gens for that matter...it's not out of arrogance on my part, but out of practicality considering the price of 92 octane in So Cal :(. Even my neighbor with his new 98 LS-1 (non SS) thinks that it's god's gift to the road way. When he saw that I purchased a new car (TTA) he goes..."auh...I see you got another one" duh! . Little did he know this "other one" would humiliate his Z.

Originally posted by 70Firebird/TTA
Even my neighbor with his new 98 LS-1 (non SS) thinks that it's god's gift to the road way. When he saw that I purchased a new car (TTA) he goes..."auh...I see you got another one" duh! . Little did he know this "other one" would humiliate his Z.

70, SS or Z28 there basically the same. Niether of them make more power then the others. Chevy just says the SS does just to sell it.

Me and my brother whooped on a guy with an SS in his '98 Z28, I wiegh 300 pounds, his car is stock, and its an auto..... Makes 310 RWHP, marketed at 305 FWHP.

SS and Z28 are the same engine and chevy sells the SS as making more hp due to the hood scoop. Thats Bullshiznit

I thought the SS had a different exhaust as well, they definitely have different tips on there :confused:

Originally posted by GotBoost
I thought the SS had a different exhaust as well, they definitely have different tips on there :confused:

Yeah but i'm sure its not gonna make a huge difference in performance levels over the Z28.

that car does have super-bad top end. we raced this 99 Rustang GT and he had about 1 car from a 55 roll and at 110 we pulled up to him and by 150 he was 4 cars back. That car has seen 165 (on GPS) with him , me , his buddy in it PLUS he has a huge stereo in the back

Originally posted by Trackmagic11
that car does have super-bad top end. we raced this 99 Rustang GT and he had about 1 car from a 55 roll and at 110 we pulled up to him and by 150 he was 4 cars back. That car has seen 165 (on GPS) with him , me , his buddy in it PLUS he has a huge stereo in the back

OH YEAH!!!

You can gun it at 80 on the freeway, and it'll still pull like a morter forker.

LS1's have amazing top end.

my buddy has a 99 z28 and it has amazing top end. Me , him , and his friend (close to 600 lbs combined) saw 160 real quick when leaving a race after being rolled on by fuzz. 6th gear it pulls HARD.