2nd to 3rd shift problem

moose

Just put new clutches in my "T" due to third gear clutches burning out, Ok, 1st gear to 2nd gear is fine but will not take 3rd gear under normal driving until i let off the gas and then it will go in. 3rd to 4th gear works fine. Took the valve body back out and went through it totally and cleaned everything, all valves working freely, i still had the same problem after that so i pulled out the servo and cleaned it again as well and it is free with no binding. I adjusted the TV cable like i always have by pushing it in and then pulling the throttle body linkage all the way open till it snaps out. I am STUMPED on this? I originally built the transmission myself and it worked flawless from the time i put it in until 3rd gear finally burnt out, i noticed right before third gear went out i had to let off to get it to shift to 3rd. The only mods that have been done to it is a shift kit which it done fine for a long time after the shift kit was installed and i have a 10" non lockup art carr converter in which the valve was installed in the pump to convert to non lockup. Anyone ever have this problem before that can help me out a little?
Thank's

Sounds like you have a leak somewhere or the shift valve is hanging up. What shift kit are you using?