2nd local Street driven EVO runs 9.51 @ 154mph !!

Sometimes feel like switching over to an import...

Those things are nuts

Yeah man, sometimes I just think Buicks suck ! :mad: How the hell are we gonna keep up with 4 cylinder cars without a S2 motor. We need a 109 outlaw class to see how far we can really take them safely. We won't find out with all them rule restraints. The first thing they shove in ur face is: It's a 4 cylinder & u got a 6 :rolleyes: The best TSM combos out there are running 9.3s ?? With less trap speed than most of these import guys...:rolleyes: :frown:

That car is junk. i would never trade my TB for that import roach. I did not see 9.?? whatever ET, must be in you mine...LOL

SLOW EVO. is that the AWD one is it the STI?...all junk anyway... the 4 hamster will die of excessive horsepower VERY SOON plus its lack cubic inch (the king).

What happen when you ask a baby to do a man work?. LOL

IMPORTS ARE JUNK.......an EVO is the number one.

I'm cool with anybody's opinion...I'm more of a car enthusiast than a fanatic. You may be right about it being a ticking bomb, but the sad part is that it can kick my Buick's ass today even if it exploded next week! :eek: I love my Buick & @ this point in my build I can't afford to sell out. IMHO these imports just make the street so much harder...

I think your a little out there w/ that statement any street car that runs 9.50's and traps above 150 is pretty sick, especially a 4cyl and awd, dont get me wrong Im pretty GM loyal but do own an Evo and its been the best car Ive owned 4yr's 60k miles and not one issue, wish I could say the same about my D-max.

Dollar for dollar the TR will smoke the EVO. ARE you kidding me, the TR has more cubic inch than the EVO. with the same dollar invested in both car. come-on you know who is KING?

I`ve been around TB too long to have some Turbo 4 banger smoke me. Can i ask was weight reduction (EVO)?.

BUICK :eek: TURBO any day.

I'm cool with anybody's opinion...I'm more of a car enthusiast than a fanatic. You may be right about it being a ticking bomb, but the sad part is that it can kick my Buick's ass today even if it exploded next week! :eek: I love my Buick & @ this point in my build I can't afford to sell out. IMHO these imports just make the street so much harder...

I wouldn't even guess how much freakin money is in that Evo to run 9's!! $30k plus to just buy the car and another $30k+ to get that 9. And you STILL have an ugly 4-door IMPORT IMO. Think i'll stick with my Buick built here in the good ole USA.............:D

Ken B.

Dollar for dollar the TR will smoke the EVO. ARE you kidding me, the TR has more cubic inch than the EVO. with the same dollar invested in both car. come-on you know who is KING?

I`ve been around TB too long to have some Turbo 4 banger smoke me. Can i ask was weight reduction (EVO)?.

+2 ;)

KB

Interesting but..

. The first thing they shove in ur face is: It's a 4 cylinder & u got a 6 :rolleyes: The best TSM combos out there are running 9.3s ?? With less trap speed than most of these import guys...:rolleyes: :frown:

How much does that car tip the scales at? My guess would be closer to 3,000lbs then 3,600 lb Regals. Power to wieght is crucial.

Yeah man, sometimes I just think Buicks suck ! :mad: How the hell are we gonna keep up with 4 cylinder cars without a S2 motor. We need a 109 outlaw class to see how far we can really take them safely. We won't find out with all them rule restraints. The first thing they shove in ur face is: It's a 4 cylinder & u got a 6 :rolleyes: The best TSM combos out there are running 9.3s ?? With less trap speed than most of these import guys...:rolleyes: :frown:
We dont need an outlaw class. We need to just build stronger engines to compete with the new tech. The stock blocks are only run in the classes they are because their required. No other reason. The stage 2 is the real deal for an OHV v-6. Has worked for many years. The end result in any of these engine comparisons is that none of them are cheap. They all cost a tremendous amount of $. 4, 6, or 8 cylinder. So what are we trying to compare anyway?

Wow, if that post isnt the definition of irony I dont know what is. The owner of a TR which was touted for having too small of an engine to compete in the NHRA; a member of TB.com a group filled with owners proud to stomp V-8's with more cubes then them....discarding another cars acomplishments because it does not have as many cubes as a TR. :rolleyes:

A 9 second pass is a 9 second pass. How many 9 second cars have the reliability or legality to even drive to the dragstrip they race at, :rolleyes:

love them all

i own a we4, 95 z28 and a 93 typhoon. i love all cars and would love to own an import or two. why compare ... jus' luv dem all

I support the GN is fast w/ minimal mods argument, but so are a lot of cars (SRT4, Evo, STi, 323GTX, LS1 F bodies, GTOs, etc etc etc) I have respect for anyone who can earn the slip, regardless of what displacement it has or what badge it holds on its hood. If you buy a GN to have the fastest car, you are potentially working off the wrong platform in this day and age. There are MANY just as easy to get a fast slip with and do it cheaper. I am not an import car lover, I am a car lover, and as long as Taurus(formerly 500 and older Taurus)' are imported and Accords are made domestically, the "import" argument is weak anyway. Its funny to me that most import haters are running imported fuel, watch an imported TV, and have a house crammed full of imported good from the "domestic" wal-mart and target, heck even most of the haters have lineage that could prove their family was "imported".

Wow, if that post isnt the definition of irony I dont know what is. The owner of a TR which was touted for having too small of an engine to compete in the NHRA; a member of TB.com a group filled with owners proud to stomp V-8's with more cubes then them....discarding another cars acomplishments because it does not have as many cubes as a TR. :rolleyes:

A 9 second pass is a 9 second pass. How many 9 second cars have the reliability or legality to even drive to the dragstrip they race at, :rolleyes:

Agreed, there seem to be alot of blow hards that think a TR is God.....wanna benefit for "only" having 6 cyl, but insult others for "only" having 4 cyl.