2nd Kill

Got my second kill tonight. If you read my first kill then you should read this one. I stopped at "Sheetz" to get some stuff. While I was there I saw a late 90's early 2000's Mustang. This time the kid admired the Buick, he obviously knew what it was. I showed him the same respect and looked over his car. We ended up leaving at the same time and ended up at a red light on Rt.51. He says, "you got a hundred bucks for a race?" I answered, "No but I'll run ya for fun." He agreed, so at our first chance we ran them from a stop light. I KILLED THAT STANG!!! Next we went from a roll, about 40 mph, he got me, turbo lag got me, I have learned my lesson. Next time from a stop, EVEN WORSE!!!!! I had that turd Ford by at least 8 car lengths, he had no chance. I then got off at my exit and went home. Mustangs are slow. Especially ones that have "Steeda" written on them. I saw this particular one had a cold air intake and cat-back exhaust. I know this wasn't much of a challenge but it's better than a rice burner like last time.
Dom

It was a V-8 car. I should have specified, but It was late when I wrote that. This car had some kind of Steeda performance package on it. I think like a Roush or Saleen just not forced induction and bad as hell. It had a CAI, exhaust, tune, suspension, and stickers. The kid was actually cool and took his first loss very well. On the second attempt when he beat me because I fell asleep on the 3rd honk. He even said "Dude I heard you comin, and you were comin fast." I did not catch him because I had to slow down for traffic.

Those steeda stickers are worth like 20 horse ya know.:biggrin:
Good run. Smokin stangs is almost as sweet as vettes and the euro rides.
I beat a modified twin turbo porsche about 12 years ago. This guy was big talk of the local area, he spent big dollars on the mods not to mention the price of the car itself. I got him off the line and he started to catch at the end. I got him by about 2 and half cars. He didn't stop and chat after the race was over.
He headed directly for the interstate on ramp. I never saw that ride again.
Those porsche dudes take an ass whippin kinda hard.:cool:

Sad part is he had you with your turbo lag with a bone stock Mustang.:D

If you are close to Florida I would love to race ya:cool:

:rolleyes: Sounds like something a 15 yr old would say..

You must really like 15 year olds to know exactly what one would say. What are you a Ford guy that hangs out on the Buick board to see what tricks we have up our sleeves. Enjoy your Cobra we'll see how it runs and how it holds its' value in 20 years. Get a freakin life dude it was a joke, I respect a fast car when I see one no matter what make or model it is.

You must really like 15 year olds to know exactly what one would say. What are you a Ford guy that hangs out on the Buick board to see what tricks we have up our sleeves. Enjoy your Cobra we'll see how it runs and how it holds its' value in 20 years. Get a freakin life dude it was a joke, I respect a fast car when I see one no matter what make or model it is.

Another intelligent comment.
"turd ford", "mustangs are slow":rolleyes:. The Mustang you raced may have infact been slow but your generalization of all Mustangs is.. well... stupid and 15 yr old like. I am a car guy, have lots of respect for GN's, even owned one myself. Tricks? like how everytime I have ever seen a GN race there was more excuses than stars in the sky? My converter is slipping, my alky wasnt working, I wasnt getting boost, I spun, I hit the brake instead of the gas, I forgot we were racing :biggrin: ... I have a life and a pretty good one thanks:cool: I enjoy my Cobra thank you, if you ever want a ride in a real/fast car look me up ;).. Ohh and your comment about how it runs and how much it will be worth?? Last time I checked they havent made a Grand National is 20 years...

I'm in Orlando..........

I would love to race ya.. Your about 1 1/2 hours from me, not bad. Lets try and link up one of these days.. I wouldnt mind having some friendly fun.. Lets see who ever loses has to wear a shirt saying " I got whooped by a Mustang"/GN etc.. and take a pic with the cars :biggrin:

Sounds good, I'm always looking for a good time. Besides, I'll be wanting to test out the new combo and see how it fares againt those new-fangled vehicular contraptions you kids are running these days. LOL!

Ya know, for years I have had little interest in Mustangs.....anything after about '71. But the new/retro Mustang bodies are pretty tight. I'd take one. But until I can afford it, I'll just have to relive the past beating up on them with MY GN, the way I used to beat on them with my GS.......Ahhhh now there's a car I mis. I'm feeling so nostalgic this morning.

Enjoy your car, fella, and try not to get all bent out of shape if a guy on a Buick board calls a Mustang a "mudstain" or a "turd", or an "F'ed Over Rebuilt Dodge". Or "slow", because aparently the one he raced WAS. Fast or slow is all relative. If' you're running 9's and I'm running 10.9's, then to you, Im slow. I'll get over it. C H I L L.

BTW - Your shirt idea is great, I've gotta get some of those made up! :D

87natl makes a good point about it all being relative. I guess you didn't read the part where I said that I respect ALL fast cars no matter what make or model they are. As for you taking me for a ride in a fast car, I've been there done that. I have worked in high performance shops on chassis dynos. One in particular, guess what we specialized in? Ding Ding Ding MUSTANGS!!!!!! Trust me I know a fast car when I see one.

The excuses thing, that goes for anyone no matter what they drive, these are the guys who buy speed parts and throw them on expecting to run what they are advertised to run.

So enjoy your:

F O R D
Found On Rubbish Dumps
Fix Or Repair Daily
Fails On Rainy Days
Fails On Race Day
Found On Roadside Dead
Failure Of Research & Development
Found On Road Deserted
Fast Only Running Downhill
Factory Ordered Road Disaster
Factory Ordered Rebuilt Datsun
Flip Over Read Directions
Four Old Rusted Doors
Ford Owner Really Dumb
For Only Retarded Drivers
(French) - Fabrication Ordinare Reparation Dispendieuse
Ford Owners Recommend Datsun
Flipped Over Russian Dunebuggy
For Off Road Death
Fords Only Run Downhill
Fat Old Rusted Dog
Freaking Old Rusted Dodge
Forget Out Running Datsuns
For Old Retarded Drivers
F**Ked On Race Day
First On Recycle Day

Hope to see you in Pittsburgh!!!!

87natl makes a good point about it all being relative. I guess you didn't read the part where I said that I respect ALL fast cars no matter what make or model they are. As for you taking me for a ride in a fast car, I've been there done that. I have worked in high performance shops on chassis dynos. One in particular, guess what we specialized in? Ding Ding Ding MUSTANGS!!!!!! Trust me I know a fast car when I see one.

The excuses thing, that goes for anyone no matter what they drive, these are the guys who buy speed parts and throw them on expecting to run what they are advertised to run.

So enjoy your:

F O R D
Found On Rubbish Dumps
Fix Or Repair Daily
Fails On Rainy Days
Fails On Race Day
Found On Roadside Dead
Failure Of Research & Development
Found On Road Deserted
Fast Only Running Downhill
Factory Ordered Road Disaster
Factory Ordered Rebuilt Datsun
Flip Over Read Directions
Four Old Rusted Doors
Ford Owner Really Dumb
For Only Retarded Drivers
(French) - Fabrication Ordinare Reparation Dispendieuse
Ford Owners Recommend Datsun
Flipped Over Russian Dunebuggy
For Off Road Death
Fords Only Run Downhill
Fat Old Rusted Dog
Freaking Old Rusted Dodge
Forget Out Running Datsuns
For Old Retarded Drivers
F**Ked On Race Day
First On Recycle Day

Hope to see you in Pittsburgh!!!!
FINDS ONLY RETARTED DRIVERS!!!!where at on 51 where are you from

Now, I must say, that is the most comprehensive "FORD" slam list I've ever seen. Nice work! ;)

"Fix Or Repair Daily" will always be my personal favorite, tho.......

Think Johnny Dangerously: "I owner a FORD once........................once."

Nice kill Dom. Hope to see what times it puts down at the track. Just be careful, the State Boys got my nephew a couple weeks ago.

Oh yeah, you forgot this one:

Attachments

• 2066239_52_full.jpg
    2066239_52_full.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 359
Nice kill :cool:

As for the whole Cobra deal... It's actually harder to race one of those Terminators than one would think. They're always worried their IRS is going to blow. They always have to have a 50mph roll start lol Now for the GN no longer being made...that is just the package that is discontinued. My stang lost to a freaken 1999 Regal once :eek: There was some guy on here who smoked a GT with a 2000ish Buick Road master:confused: Anyhow, The value of the GN/T-type goes way beyound age.