2nd Kill

Nice kill :cool:

As for the whole Cobra deal... It's actually harder to race one of those Terminators than one would think. They're always worried their IRS is going to blow. They always have to have a 50mph roll start lol Now for the GN no longer being made...that is just the package that is discontinued. My stang lost to a freaken 1999 Regal once :eek: There was some guy on here who smoked a GT with a 2000ish Buick Road master:confused: Anyhow, The value of the GN/T-type goes way beyound age.

lol.. 50mph roll? lmao I think you have it backwards. Every single race I have heard or seen that involved a GN has always had to be from a roll. A set of DR's will fix a good portion of the IRS problem.

Every single race I have heard or seen that involved a GN has always had to be from a roll.

LOL where are you getting this BS from? Why would a GN want to start from a roll and still have to spool up the turbo when they could go from a dead stop and have some boost built up.

You got all bent out of shape that he generalized Mustangs as being slow and now you're making equally general statements like "every GN needs a roll". :rolleyes:

ricer-18188.jpg

LOL where are you getting this BS from? Why would a GN want to start from a roll and still have to spool up the turbo when they could go from a dead stop and have some boost built up.

You got all bent out of shape that he generalized Mustangs as being slow and now you're making equally general statements like "every GN needs a roll". :rolleyes:

I never said "every GN needs a roll".. read it again stupid.

I'm on the other side on Pittsburgh. Near Centry III Mall. Opposite side of 51.

i got my motor at shawns we are rebearing it. have i met u yet i see alot of people stop ther why i am there. i will be there this week and next weekend probably sunday. you should stop out

Now for the GN no longer being made...that is just the package that is discontinued. My stang lost to a freaken 1999 Regal once :eek: There was some guy on here who smoked a GT with a 2000ish Buick Road master:confused: Anyhow, The value of the GN/T-type goes way beyound age.
honestly, as an owner of both, the newer supercharged regals (while nice) really don't compare to our old turbo regals, or to an 03/04 cobra for that matter. sure they can be made fast, but it takes a whole lot more money and effort to get the same kinds of times out of them. the motors are decent, especially if you slap a turbo on them, but you can't really get past the fact that they're wrong wheel drive. and the roadmaster was only made from '94 to '96 -- it's the same car as the Impala SS, the cadillac fleetwood brougham, and the police interceptor caprice. they have some nice motors (lt1), but are really heavy. buick hasn't made anything since that comes close to the performance of the turbo regal.

as for the cobra, i think it will end up being a classic performance car. they are very capable, and take well to mods. however, as far as "bang for your buck" performance goes, i'd say our buicks definitely have an edge on them, most of which comes from the fact that we have a stock turbo setup instead of a roots blower... they have to buy pullies to increase boost, while we just buy a few cents worth of hardware. and once they max out their stock power adder, they have to pay like 5 grand for a bigger one, while we can find used turbos in the $400 range. our cars' trannys are dime a dozen and can be built cheap, as well as being easily interchangeable with the turbo 350/400. of course they have the advantage of 4 valve heads, 4 cams, and 2 more cylinders, but wtf, our buicks have never had any problem with eating v8s for lunch! ;)

Speaking of 99 Regals, i swear, mine is the best vehicle I've ever owned. It'l take out the occasion unsuspecting Stang or ricer, and the reliability ride and comfort of that car are just great. I got it just to be my daily driver/beater, but now that she is north off 100k miles, I find mysef hoping she'll just last forever. Car still runs as good as new, and I have had to replace N O T H I N G ! I'm expecting to have to do the trans in the next 20k miles, but then she'll be good for another 100, 000 miles. Love my Regal!:cool:

i got my motor at shawns we are rebearing it. have i met u yet i see alot of people stop ther why i am there. i will be there this week and next weekend probably sunday. you should stop out

I may have met you. I'm the guy who lives 4 blocks from Shawn's. I'll be around this summer I'm sure we'll run into one and other.

Bang for the buck is right on the money. If you wanna spend big bucks on a Cobra or Camaro or whatever, go right ahead. All I know is I spent around 7 grand and got a car that WILL run in the 11s when I finish installing the crap load of extra (speed) parts it came with and I get it tuned. Oh yea, all with an un-opened motor!!!!! Not to mention all the resto parts, that were included,to make it pretty again.

Bang for the buck is right on the money. If you wanna spend big bucks on a Cobra or Camaro or whatever, go right ahead. All I know is I spent around 7 grand and got a car that WILL run in the 11s when I finish installing the crap load of extra (speed) parts it came with and I get it tuned. Oh yea, all with an un-opened motor!!!!! Not to mention all the resto parts, that were included,to make it pretty again.

You can spend ALOT less than 7 grand and go into the 10's with a cobra. I dont see the bang for the buck?

87natl makes a good point about it all being relative. I guess you didn't read the part where I said that I respect ALL fast cars no matter what make or model they are. As for you taking me for a ride in a fast car, I've been there done that. I have worked in high performance shops on chassis dynos. One in particular, guess what we specialized in? Ding Ding Ding MUSTANGS!!!!!! Trust me I know a fast car when I see one.

The excuses thing, that goes for anyone no matter what they drive, these are the guys who buy speed parts and throw them on expecting to run what they are advertised to run.

So enjoy your:

F O R D
Found On Rubbish Dumps
Fix Or Repair Daily
Fails On Rainy Days
Fails On Race Day
Found On Roadside Dead
Failure Of Research & Development
Found On Road Deserted
Fast Only Running Downhill
Factory Ordered Road Disaster
Factory Ordered Rebuilt Datsun
Flip Over Read Directions
Four Old Rusted Doors
Ford Owner Really Dumb
For Only Retarded Drivers
(French) - Fabrication Ordinare Reparation Dispendieuse
Ford Owners Recommend Datsun
Flipped Over Russian Dunebuggy
For Off Road Death
Fords Only Run Downhill
Fat Old Rusted Dog
Freaking Old Rusted Dodge
Forget Out Running Datsuns
For Old Retarded Drivers
F**Ked On Race Day
First On Recycle Day

Hope to see you in Pittsburgh!!!!

This is one my friend made up..... For Our Retarded Daughter. Ive herd a Buick one ... Built Under Inspection of Cooky Korean.

Man someone got there nickers in a twist :p
Good kill and glad to see a youngen take it well.
I took down a F150 short bed with exhuast with the wifes Hemi quad cab
truck....hmmm ford.
Not as good a goat meat with the T, but good enough

You can spend ALOT less than 7 grand and go into the 10's with a cobra. I dont see the bang for the buck?

you can't find a cobra for less than 20 grand. i got my T for $3000, and with a couple grand in performance stuff, it oughta be right around the 10s or 11s. plus, list the performance stuff it would take to put a cobra in the 10s, and what it would take to put a buick there. you really think the cobra would be cheaper?

back to the regal GS... yes, mine is definately a great daily driver... realiable? stock, yes. after i got to modding it, not really. I've had to have the motor out twice so far. once was pure stupidity though (running a smaller pulley with no scantool).

Thats including the price of my car SH*T head.
Don't feed this guy the fuel he needs. Iv'e seen other car forums get infested with members that don't even own cars related to the forum. All they do is wait on the side lines for someone to make a GENERAL statement like the one above and they pounce all over them. It's called trolling. The next thing you know, every thread is 5 pages long and filled with debates and name callings. I wouldn't fuel badasst7's fire, just let it burn out. :smile: Just my 02.

I may have met you. I'm the guy who lives 4 blocks from Shawn's. I'll be around this summer I'm sure we'll run into one and other.

COOL

i did meet you you have the 87 with the torque thrusts and the wildwood brakes on the front. i was at shawns one sunday a few weeks back and you stopped in while we were messing with my motor

its ok badasst7.....maybe one day you will wake up and realize that you are driving a car designed for women....but then again you bought the piece of s*** so you probably wont:D :eek: Nice kill Punisher