2nd gear

V

V6 TRIKS

My tranny doesn't want to shift into 2nd unless I lift off. I was thinking that it might be pressure related. The tranny has been rebuilt twice and I believe that who ever did the first valve body job may have screwed something up. I didnt get 150 miles on this rebuild and it started again. I really dont want to spend 1000 dollars on another rebuild. I have almost 3000 in it. Can a new valve body be purchased or can the tranny be placed on a dyno to identify the real problem by anyone?

Well, when I start to accelerate at any speed most of the time it will red line the factory tach before it will even think about going into 2nd , if I am getting on it , it will hit the rev limiter until I lift and bam!!!!! 2nd gear hits and I am gone.

DO you have a dyno to test the tranny and would you be willing to take a look at it if I jerked it ot and sent it to you? The tranny shifts very hard so I don't need a rebuild maybe just a minor operation or professional opinion. Just say the word and it's there.

I have run into this problem before. Its more common with the 2-3 shift valve. The problem is a sticky 1-2 shift valve. Remove the VB and clean and polish the shift valves and that should do it. Check to see what shift kit was installed if any.

Lonnie Diers