2bbl turbo manifold wanted

BuickGSBoy

I'm looking for the 2 bbl manifold, and carb from a Turbo Regal. I am sure that someone out here has one laying around collecting dust after putting a 4 bbl in their Regal. I am not looking for one for a restoratiion, but to make it fit a Corvair turbo.

Kevin
BuickGSBoy
86 GN
72 GS 350
62 Corvair Spyder(the other turbo GM 6)
65 Corvair Corsa

Does the 2bbl manifold have to be turbo specific? I have one I pulled off my 3.8L Buick in my Olds last weekend. Let me know if you want it, you can have it for $10 + shipping.

Do you mean the plenum? (it is the aluminum part that the carb sits on and mounts to the turbo).

Yes, I do mean the plenum. the part between the carb and the turbo itself. Sorry, I should have been more specific.

Kevin
BuickGSBoy
86 GN
72 GS 350
62 Corvair Spyder(the other turbo GM 6)
65 Corvair Corsa

Hi,

I don't have a Two-barrel, but I have a couple four-barrel plenums if you want to convert.

Kevin,
No problem. I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a "communication breakdown"

This is a good group that has a wealth of knowledge. I've learned alot and everyone is willing to help.

Larry

Here is a picture of a two-barrel plenum on a '78 TR. It's kinda hard to see, but it doesn't look like the two-barrel plenum is two much smaller than the four. Same for the carb. It has a flange on the back to allow it to use the same red elbow as the 4-barrel. Hopefully it's smaller enough for you.

http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/images/twobarrel.JPG

Two-barrel Turbo V6's were pretty uncommon and only offered in 1978. Swapping to a four-barrel meant changing a bunch of vacuum hoses.

The main reason for me wanting the two bbl plenum is because it is going on a Corvair. The corvair engine only is 145 cubic inches (62-63, 164 from 64 up). The Corvair turbo also does not have any wastegate so the carb is the limiting factor on boost control. A Quadrajet can produce 20+psi. Bad when there is no detonation control. Although I have been playing around with the idea making a water injection setup using some old pool heater parts.