28x10 slicks

ineeda38turbo

will they rub or not???? also will my old tubes from 26x10s m&Hs will they work on the mickeys 28x10.5s, if what i read is right it should ? anyone try it???

A few years ago I borrowed a pair of 28x10.5 slicks mounted on some old Chevy rims(Used on Chevelle) from a friend and they fit fine. No rubbing at all. Of course I had to air up my air bags a lil more then usual. Just check clearence in your driveway BEFORE running at the track. Tubes should work fine, but then again I NEVER use em. Hope this helps.

KB

I once tried to mount my buddies 28x10.5 hoosiers on a 8.5 inch rim, it didn't rub on the inside but it came real close to the lip of the quarter panel. If i pushed down on the rear bumper it would contact the tire. Wouldn' be a good idea to take it to the track like that, seeing how the rearend squats when it launches. Stiff springs or massaging the lip might solve the problem, assuming you have the correct back spacing. now i'm running 26x10 mt's, but i hear that 28x9 fits well also. Probably shouldn't use tubes unless you plan on using rim screws, i don't run tubes.

george

28X10's will fit on 8" wide wheels with 3.5" backspace, but you'll prolly need to roll the fender lip

as mentioned, 28X9's fit just fine and are good for mid 10's