275/60 M/T Clearance

GN87Mike

I'm thinking of getting a pair of 275/60 M/T Street Radials. I will mount them on 8 1/2" Convo-Pros with 3 3/8" back spacing. Is anyone running the same tire and bs? How well do they clear?

Thanks,
Mike

The should fit fine, BUT you may need slightly move the wheel lip a little, or at least make sure there are no sharp edges that could cut the tire.

GN87Mike, I'm running some P275-60R-15 on specially made 8 in. wide stock appearing GN rims (with 3.50 in. rear spacing) with no rubbing at all.
You should be ok with the combo you're describing. :)
'bye!

Claude :)

P.S: I have pics available...just let me know and it'll be my pleasure to e-mail you some... ;)

Thanks for the feedback. I got the M/T Radials and ran test & tune Saturday. I will need to roll the wheel trim as they did touch on launch (my 28 x 9 - 15 M/T slicks clear). I got a 1.61 60' on 1st run with a 11.55 thru the exhaust. It's really nice to drive in and get a 60' like that right out of the box.

Thanks again.
Mike

Who makes widend GN rims?

I sent mine to Truedesign in Colorado. # 1-800-621-6436 They'll widen yours for about a hundred bucks each. With a 4.1/8" backspacing my 275/60/15 BFG DRs just tuck evenly between frame rails and slightly rolled fender lip. When I first put them on I had a bit of a rubbing problem do to the rear end being off set 1/2" to the left from the factory. The fix was a set of adjustable upper control arms. Other notes of intrest are, that the car has 1" lower and stiffer springs and air bags @ 8 and 12 psi. Yea, it was a PITA to do all this just to run a big tire on a lowered car but it rides and looks sweat :cool: .

et streets

anyone try the mickey thompson et streets, 12.5-15-28, will they fit, with air bags?

they don't measure width by inches. What size are you talking about? The 275/60/15 is about all you can fit. Then i think it steps up to a 315/50/15.

ET Streets are not the same as ET Drag radials...they are a bias ply tire

the ET Drag Radials are a much better tire in all respects in my experience (hook better, drive better)

neither one lasts very long if street driven or are safe in wet weather......but that isn't their purpose.......

My bad! i have MT ET streets also, but 11.5. they are tight, but fit. I also have MT slicks, 10.5/15/28, they are about the same size as the 11.5 ET streets. I had to tuck in the fender, and I run 8" rims, 4"back space, no wheel spacers. 12.5" width would be a little too tight for me, rubbing everywhere.

Scott

if ya measure 'em, the 28X11.5's are the same size as 28x9 ET Drags (about 9" wide and 27" tall)

the 28X12's are the same size as 28X10 ET Drags (10" wide and 28" tall)

go figure......

my car won't fit 28X10's (8" wheel, 4" BS) without a spacer

NO tube, but screwed into rim! I have a pic of mine wrinkling, 1.54 60'....My be more there, haven't spun em yet.